World Of Warcraft

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ooh I hadn't seen the undead ones.  I see they've got female dwarves in there too, I love female dwarves.  All the new character models look great.
I've always loved the female orc stance and posture but never liked the face so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with her.

I had a max level belf paladin, tauren druid, human mage and dwarf priest.  I'll mostly be focussing on horde if I play again though, hence the orc rogue.  I've already got a level 50ish human rogue (levelled up purely in battlegrounds, so much fun!)

I thought WoD was at least a year away but I'm not sure why I thought that.  If it's sooner then I'll be happy!

The female dwarf looks absolutely stunning, especially compared to the current, although I love the current one too. They are looking awesome, can't wait to see more!
I'm sure the female orc faces will look wonderful after the remodel as well. Seems like everything just looks great, although there are of course some complainers on the forums.

OoOo a pally :) I'm working on leveling a female tauren pally, really enjoying her. I use an add-on called MogIt and make outfits for her. I think I have 20 so far. It doesn't give me the items obviously but I can preview all the items and make a nice looking outfit and go buy/find the items to use for transmog.

Any reason you're wanting to focus on horde? Or just wanna?

They said at the latest it'll be next winter, so it could be a little over a year. They would like to aim for spring or summer though, and because of this they're not working on any more content for MoP. I doubt they'd make us sit with no content for too long, though we did wait a good bit in Cata..

What spec is your tauren pally?
Horde has always been where my heart is, although I like alliance too but our main characters have always been horde and that's where we've done the serious raiding.  My hubby will be levelling up his main character, his horde DK tank when WoD comes out and I have always had DPS and healers to team up with him.
Summer would be great.  A year did sound like an awful long time with no MoP content!

Retribution :p I made her for my fiance. He loves tauren & pallies. This is the first time I've gotten a pally past 13, she's 41 now I think. He played as ret during the short time he was on WoW, so, yeah.
Also tanking scares me, and I'm not sure how much I'd like healing on her.

Ah gotcha. I love seeing other couples be tank/healer. It's adorable. Wish my fiance would start playing again so we could do that, though the thought of him tanking or healing scares me a little XD
Really hoping for summer at latest, but regardless of how long I have to wait, I'll be getting it. ^^'

My blood elf pally was originally retri.  I had an absolute blast levelling him up, this was back when pallies were a tad overpowered and much simpler to play.  He was sooo much fun!!!  I deliberately made a male pally as I like my melee characters to be butch males and I like my casters and healers to be female :p

I used to raid with him in Lich King and he had some nice gear.  Then Blizzard decided that pallies were too easy to play and too much fun and completely changed them.  I kept trying to play ret for a while with the new system but the nail in the coffin for me was Inquisition at level 81.  Using up resources to keep a buff up was no fun at all, there was too much rotation management.  So my big butch paladin has been mostly relegated to healing duties ever since :(

I don't enjoy healing so much because it involves staring at health bars instead of at the action on screen.  Also I already had a druid healer so I was left with no dps characters to play on horde side!  I guess that's one reason why I got fed up and stopped enjoying the game.

I hope you enjoy your pally though, you've been using the new system from the start so I'm sure you'll do much better with it!

I like all of my characters to be female, not sure why, as I quite like the looks of a lot of the males.

Did you make a new pally to try out the new system, or kept trying with your higher levelled one? I ask because I -loved- my blood elf hunter, back when they used mana. When they switched over to..focus is it? I couldn't do it. I made a new hunter a while back and it's helping me adjust, though I'm still not fond of it. I understand the resources being used to keep a buff up not being fun at all. I feel that way on my druid kitty. Awesome I have enough combo points to do this cool move..NOPE GOTTA PUT THIS UP. :-( 

If you start again, an add-on that may be of use is Bitten's Spellflash. It lights up what you should hit next, although doesn't take into account certain things. Like I still need to make sure I'm using combustion at the right time to get the most damage out of it. But it's great to teach you a new character, or get you used to an old one that you havn't played in a while.

Staring at health bars does give me a bit of a headache, but I love the watery sound from my shaman's spells :p Plus I can have tanks that are like GOGOGO and I can keep up with them by using ghost wolf. I'd definitely stop having fun with the game if I was lacking a dps char :c

I am really enjoying her! Maybe I can learn to tank on her at some point, as I sort of like when the tank dies or messes up, as I'll pick aggro off the healer and other dps until the tank can get their stuff together.

They made the changes to the pally resource system somewhere near the end of the Lich King expansion.  At the time I was soloing Zul'Gurub trying to get the rare tiger mount.  I got to grips with the new system quite happily and actually found it easier to solo Zul'Gurub after the changes.  A lot of pallies at the time were complaining that the new changes sucked and I was one of the few who defended them and said they were fine.  Then into Cataclysm and we got Inquisition at level 81 and I just hated it.  That one mechanic changed everything for me and I just couldn't do retribution anymore.  I don't think starting from scratch would help since I was fine up to level 80.

Ooh okay, I get it now. :c That stinks. Is inquisition something you have to keep up when tanking or healing? ..Did you ever get that mount?

No inquisition is retri only, it's a short duration damage buff.
You know something - I haven't thought about inquisition in a long long time.  But since we were talking about it I went and looked it up to remind myself why I hated it so much and hey presto it's been changed in the last patch - instead of lasting 4 secs per charge of holy power it now lasts 20 secs.
Well by golly gosh.  If I don't have to keep pressing that dratted button every 12 seconds I might actually give retri another try again!
No I never got that mount lol... I kept trying but it never dropped for me!  Everyone who could solo ZG was trying to get it before it was gone for good but only a lucky few did.

Oh that's great! I think it'd be worth a shot again. :) That also makes me feel a lot better as I was sort of worrying about when I got mine up there.
I think that happened with my kitty form as well, they made the bleed last longer that I have to keep applying. But I got thrown off a bit as she almost never touches dungeons, and I felt very lost being melee in a dungeon since I'm used to my mage. I switched her to boomkin but that seems more complicated, grr.

It still irks me that they removed it :( You can get a panther mount I think it is but it's not the same.

If you end up coming back, it may be worth it for your hubby to use the scroll of resurrection on you so he can get a cool mount.

Aha that's an awesome idea!   I'd get a free faction change and boost to 80 as well.  Not sure if I'm eligible though, it can be applied to accounts that are "not active after March 4th, 2012".  I haven't played in at least a year but not sure exactly how long.

I believe you only need to have been away for 2 months but I'm not 100% sure on that. ;o

I think its actually 6 months to get the scroll of resurection. I went that route when I started up again. I made a new tauren pally and boosted him to 80. Man what was I doing playing hunters that whole time. haha. Pally's suit my style much better. I haven't played in a while due to college and with my internet it takes forever to download MoP.

I hadn't played in over a year and was told I couldn't use a scroll of resurrection.
Anyway I'm back in the game now and enjoying my retri pally again. I managed to get MoP for £7 in the black Friday sale.

sputnick said:
I think its actually 6 months to get the scroll of resurection. I went that route when I started up again. I made a new tauren pally and boosted him to 80. Man what was I doing playing hunters that whole time. haha. Pally's suit my style much better. I haven't played in a while due to college and with my internet it takes forever to download MoP.
Oh, could be. I've never done the scroll so no idea!

daizeUK said:
I hadn't played in over a year and was told I couldn't use a scroll of resurrection.
Anyway I'm back in the game now and enjoying my retri pally again. I managed to get MoP for £7 in the black Friday sale.
That's odd!
Welcome back, nice deal :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back