Wooohoooo

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rhysiboy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
yahoot finally after months of waiting im gonna be able to get all of my equiptment to next saturday to finally kick start my tank :D although its a big rip coz my mum and dad are making me wait till christmas day till i can have em :'( but o well

heres my specs of my tank

Brand: aqua one, aqua start 500
Lighting:2x11w PC t5 (will upgrade later for corals and sorts)
Literage: 65 litres app 17 gallons
Flow rate: 20x provided by either 1 seio 620 and maxijet 400 or 1 maxijet 900 + maxijet 400
LR & sand : 5kg of live rock and 2kg of base rock (hopefully seed quikly) and 2" of arogonite sand
Accesories: Electronic thermometer with built in computer and reminders, mini master test kit
Heater: 150w stealth heater

Stocking options

Clean up crew
5 cerith snails
5 Astrea Snails
5 scarlet hermits
1 emerald mithrax crab
1 scarlet skunk cleaner
(feel free to advise me on better combinations)

Fish
this is the difficult part because there are many good combos
either 2 bangaii cardinals + neon goby
1 bangaii cardinal + ocelaris clownfish
2 clown fish + a goby
goby and pistol shrimp combo (pistol shrimps are expensive in my area and hard to find)
firefish and clownfish
What do people suggest as id like to have something thats a little bit defferent but i do love those clowns

Corals (after upgraded lighting probably to either a metal halide or 2 more 44 watt power compacts)
zoanthids
Hammer coral
leather
open brain

thats pretty much exactly what i want my tank to be like eventualy (probably after a year coz theres the big problem of cash flow with me as im 14) all suggestions and advice will be greatly aprreciate
now i just have the job of saying goodbye to my lovely freshwater fish :( also how long should i leave the tank to get rid of all traces of freshwater stuff?
;) rhysiboy

Whooooot!!! good for you

And on the subject of cash i feel for you i am 13 but lucky me i am getting a job when turn 14 in march. My lfs says they will pay me $10.00 an hour and a masive dicount.

How about trying your hands breeding clowns it is a great way to make cash .Around here you can raise them for $1 and sell them for $ 10 .Clowns are vary easy to breed all you need are rotts,photo and clowns.

if you are interested i can pm you some articles and books on it.It is not that hard .That is of course if you are planing on getting a pair.

Also when you get your tank you can frag coral for cash.

thats also another great thing about this hobby it can pay bak for itself in tiny bits :D

bangaii cardinals need a minimum of 30 gallons not inlcuding two, the rest are fine, but no bangaiis that would be mean to them. good luck thatd kill me if i had to wait until x-mas

yep well i finally took my freshwatwer tank down :'( sad to see them all go but my tank is aboloutely spotless not one piece of algae or trace of freshwater left (and no i didnt use bleach incase you were wondering)

also i need some help because my stand isnt perfectly level and it has these little black rings on the bottom. should i tanke them off so the weight is spread around more evely instead of presure points? also itll be easier to level with no little leg things (you no the sort that you usualy have on the bottom of chest of draws)

Kinda lost there on your description of your stand :lol: but a level tank is better than a not level one

Black rings? Not wheels? If they are rings, they might be self adjusting to make levelling easier. Ask a parent, your dad might have an idea. Generally they are just a bolt that screws into the leg from underneath, and you can raise or lower that leg by turning the loose, or tighter. (Get what im saying? LOL) Hard to explain across a keyboard! :S :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back