Winter Ice Storm in Texas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, it's not at all unusual. I think it's because weather and climate get conflated.

Although, perhaps a climate discussion should be its own thread? I'm always happy to chat with folks about, well, anything really.
I personally think it should. (Although already, it’s dove into politics a little, so it may be shut down)

This is a thread to discuss the current winter/snow/ice situation.

(Just MO. :))

I personally think it should.
Seems a perfectly valid point of view. That the OP, at least at one point, voice acceptance of the conversation, and that it's in "General Chat" might work against that. But, I'm certainly not pressing for this to need to be on this thread. It does seem like people want to have this conversation though, wherever it takes place.
(Although already, it’s dove into politics a little, so it may be shut down)
Yes, but if I recall it was a Mod who first brought up politics, so... Not sure how that works. Also, I will say that for my part, as much as I have been perfectly guilty of taking us down the garden path (a constant fault of mine), I have been trying to maintain a respectful dialog.

However, I can understand that it would be easier to ignore this conversation for those who wish to if it were in another thread, while still allowing those who remain concerned about the well-being our friends in Texas to follow this one. I do get that.

Yes, but if I recall it was a Mod who first brought up politics, so... Not sure how that works. Also, I will say that for my part, as much as I have been perfectly guilty of taking us down the garden path (a constant fault of mine), I have been trying to maintain a respectful dialog.
@OnlyGenusCaps Who , me? I bloody brought up a man, not politics. Jesus help me! I am researching CML RIGHT NOW...Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Rather fascinating. A gene mutation, known as the Philadelphia Chromosome, was discovered in the late 1950’s. It would take decades before it changed CML from a death sentence into a treatable chronic disease. People where being treated by interferon and blood transfusions before 1992. Most lived 5 years. Now, due to the discovery of the Philadelphia Chromosone, new TKI meds are saving people’s lives. CML is now a chronic cancer, not a terminal one. People can have long lives due to the discovery of a mutated chromosome. The discovery and fields widening in genetic science are opening doors to other cancers and possible life saving treatments. I didn’t think I would see a cure for cancers in my lifetime. Yet, we are at the threshold. Amazing! So, if we can do this with cancer, perhaps an answer for Climate Control can be agreed upon before the next 200 years. :). Good night, my friends. May my God bless you all and keep you safe tonight!

Last edited:
Does one of the mods want to split this thread and start a new one called Climate Change, a continuation of the Winter Ice Storm discussion?

Start with post #171 and add the following:

I have moved the posts in Colin's list to create a new thread. These are the posts that discussed climate change rather than the effects of the weather in Texas.

Members wishing to add to the climate change discussion should head over to the new thread

Who , me? I bloody brought up a man, not politics. Jesus help me! I am researching CML RIGHT NOW...Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Rather fascinating. A gene mutation, known as the Philadelphia Chromosome, was discovered in the late 1950’s. It would take decades before it changed CML from a death sentence into a treatable chronic disease. People where being treated by interferon and blood transfusions before 1992. Most lived 5 years. Now, due to the discovery of the Philadelphia Chromosone, new TKI meds are saving people’s lives. CML is now a chronic cancer, not a terminal one. People can have long lives due to the discovery of a mutated chromosome. The discovery and fields widening in genetic science are opening doors to other cancers and possible life saving treatments. I didn’t think I would see a cure for cancers in my lifetime. Yet, we are at the threshold. Amazing! So, if we can do this with cancer, perhaps an answer for Climate Control can be agreed upon before the next 200 years. :). Good night, my friends. May my God bless you all and keep you safe tonight!
I wanted to reply with one of the "like" emojis as the joke at the end was funny, but the impact of cancer, far as we've come, is decidedly not. So, I'll say this ☹️ then this ?
I have moved the posts in Colin's list to create a new thread. These are the posts that discussed climate change rather than the effects of the weather in Texas.

Members wishing to add to the climate change discussion should head over to the new thread
Fair enough. Thanks.

I started the thread, I have no problem with the way it headed, but a new thread on climate change is fine, as well.

Climate change is real, IMO....there's no ice on the ground here like there was last week, because the climate changed. ;)

I wanted to reply with one of the "like" emojis as the joke at the end was funny, but the impact of cancer, far as we've come, is decidedly not. So, I'll say this ☹️ then this ?

Fair enough. Thanks.
@OnlyGenusCaps You are offensive and seem to think you know it all. I know who will get the last laugh but I won’t mention His name since we can’t talk about religion. Done! My husband has CML.

Does one of the mods want to split this thread and start a new one called Climate Change, a continuation of the Winter Ice Storm discussion?

Start with post #171 and add the following:
I believe Winter Ice Storm In Texas has played out. We’re in the 70’s! Dang Climate Control. :)

@OnlyGenusCaps You are offensive and seem to think you know it all. I know who will get the last laugh but I won’t mention His name since we can’t talk about religion. Done! My husband has CML.
I am genuinely sorry if you were offended by any of our interactions. It was never my intent to do so. I do not know where I upset you, but if it was my last post, I had thought you were making light of the intensity of the debate with your suggestion it might take 200 years to come to an agreement, which I thought was funny. I never mean to take away from the seriousness of health issues you and your family are facing. I am sorry you and your husband are experiencing such a difficult time. I will endeavor to stay out of your way going forward. Again, I am sincerely sorry for any offense I have caused you.

Bottom line with all of this is : it's a free country but it's awful expensive to live here. Everything is going up except wages.
But, it’s still a free country. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the right to bare arms. Much better than any country on earth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back