Wills :) Thayeri

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Of my 3 I have one that does this absolutely amazing colour transformation, it goes from normal tan/sandy colour to almost black with deep green/blue markings around the head. He (I say he, but I am not sure) will swim to the middle of the tank then change colour and twitch/head shake/shimmy (severum shudder if you know what I mean) with all fins extended. I am taking this as a territorial sort of display as "he" does it in the same spot. I have not seen a fish with such amazing colour transformation before, do your's do it?

Mine go through really different colours through the day - in the morning they are bright and white and iridescent but at night they go darker with white lightening shaped stripes down their body.

They also seem to be able to control their iridescence as that also changes depending on mood. 

I've not seen the shake but I know what you mean I think these are still reasonably young - within the group I have 2 that stay together most of the day but the smallest and the largest have very little to do with the others apart from at feeding when they all bunch together.

Wills

What size are yours now?, Its just the one that does the shimmy I thought they were way too young and small for it to be any signs of breeding, maybe territorial though, mine are 4" or so now.

The shimmying is a sign of breeding generally. My biggest is probably 4 inches smallest is about 2 the other two are somewhere in between.

Nice fish though :) Really glad I managed to get some they had been on my dream list for ages.

Wills

I am pretty taken with mine too :), I just dont want any breeding lol

Im the opposite, I would quite welcome some breeding I have a group of Thayeri and a group of Cupids and none of them look like pairing :(

Wills

After the wasted years on my true parrots, getting the group, keeping the pair then the pair falling out and the male nearly killing the female  :( I am done with breeding - well planned breeding, I still have some fish that breed if I try or not lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back