Will This Stuff Be Good Enough?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sswm

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm setting up a 20G tank. Going to be FO. I have a Aquaclear 20 powerfilter and an Aquaclear 30 Powerhead. Going to get some rock that is white, but looks like red lava rock because I just don't have the money for LR right now. About 30lbs of aragonite sand. I have a 100W heater for it. Will this be sufficient enough to run a successful tank or does anyone have any other recommendations?

It should be, although you posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for tanks with live rock and corals.

sorry, This was the only section with Nano in the title and I knew my tank is considered to be one

Yeah try and put as much of that rock in there as you can, then if you can afford it get some live sand and it will seed your lava rock and make it "live" over time. It will still grow beneficial bacteria if it's not live rock but it will take longer, keep that in mind when your are cycling.

I'd probably save up till you can get some Live Rock and do some more research and planning in the meantime. You can never do too much of that!

SLC

You can though, run a tank without any rock. You would run it roughly (filter wise) like a freshwater filter.

alright thanks guys, I may take my time now and stock with maybe $20 of LR every pay cheque haha.

Just remember everytime you add live rock to your tank that is not fully cured you will have an ammonia spike and you shuold not have fish or inverts in their when you do that.

yeah, I will wait until I have added all the LR before I add any fish

Good idea, your tank will be so much better in the long run for it!

You can now also be much more stingy about which pieces you get, you can make a better aquascape cause you will know how the previous rock fits together and pick new pieces to complement that.

SLC

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back