Will this kill my babies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Danegerous1009

Reaction score
So I have two Kribs that recently had babies. There were around 60 babies. I had them alone in at newly cycled 10 gallon tank. That was a week ago. Now I only have 11 babies and I don’t know what is going on. I feed them everyday with water changes periodically and the parents have been doing a great job watching them. I haven’t seen any dead babies or anything. I was wondering if it would be smart to move the babies that are left into my 20 gallon completely cycled fry tank that is full of newly born fry or would that be a bad idea

I know nothing about Kribs but is it possible the parents are eating them?

I know nothing about Kribs but is it possible the parents are eating them?
It may be but the parents have done a great job keeping everyone together and hasn’t shown any agression towards the babies

The parents probably ate them. You should never keep adult fish with fry. Remove either the parents or the babies as soon as possible. Good luck!

The parents don't eat the babies. The other fish in the tank eat them when the lights go out and the fry swim off.

Sorry Colin_T, but I'm going to have to disagree. Maybe it is not like this for every fish species, but I have watched guppies chasing down and eating their own fry. Bettas eat their fry too. Some fish, at least, definitely eat their own babies.

I was talking about the adult kribensis not eating their young. Cichlids are normally good parents and try to look after their babies :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back