Wierd Question Alert!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I actually looked into this but I read somewhere that it wouldn't work... Urea is in Urine and you need straight ammonia. Ammonia actually comes more from the fish's respiration rather than the wastes.
i dont think thats true

I actually looked into this but I read somewhere that it wouldn't work... Urea is in Urine and you need straight ammonia. Ammonia actually comes more from the fish's respiration rather than the wastes.
i dont think thats true

ive also read that fishes resperation excretes more ammonia than the waste itself

i dont think thats true

Aston, this is very much true. A good 80% of the ammonia from fish is excreted from their gills, not their urine. And, as I posted above, a healthy human's urine should contain very little ammonia, hence you would be better served finding a source of the pure stuff. Furthermore, urine from a healthy human also shouldn't have any bacteria in it, so you don't get any benefit there, too.

A little more detail here: http://www.skepticalaquarist.com/docs/startover/fishless.shtml

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back