Why Does The Driver For The Camera Keep Disappearing?

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
im so fed up , i took some nice pics, and went to upload them and yet again the driver has disappeared from my pc, this has happened a few times and its sooo annoying, the pc wont recognise it at all. i would be tempted to take the pics using the webcam..but it would be really tricky to get that where i want it,if you know what i mean..

anyway id really appreciate you filling me in here,unless of course your busy taking a few pics of your own ;) id love to share these ones in particular, so as i soon as this is sorted the better

thanks Gaz

shelagh xxxxxxx

does your camera comes with a software?
or if your camera has a memory card-- might be better
if you buy a cardreader-- some shops do it in a fair price-- try Currys for example---

cause nowadays all computers are runnin USB2 port:

or to troubleshoot it:

RightClick on My Computer--- then Properties---> Hardware--> Device Manager--->Disk Drives---->(choose which USB you're using
then try to disable-then activate--- it) you have to perform this whilst your hardware(camera) is connected to the USB drive of your PC--

:good:

hiya shelagh

TBH I have no idea! do you have a second PC you could try installing the camera onto to see if that loses your drivers?

what OS are you using?

hiya shelagh

TBH I have no idea! do you have a second PC you could try installing the camera onto to see if that loses your drivers?

what OS are you using?

no no other pc, 2 more laptops but they wont handle it at least the one wont, OS is vista it has a card reader but thats not doing it either, wouldnt be anything to do with my security would it, tho i doubt it as its not online or anything
** bloody camera has given me more frustration than i have ever suffered in my life, the garden path is calling it!!!

hiya shelagh

what OS are you using?

no no other pc, 2 more laptops but they wont handle it at least the one wont, OS is vista it has a card reader but thats not doing it either, wouldnt be anything to do with my security would it, tho i doubt it as its not online or anything
** bloody camera has given me more frustration than i have ever suffered in my life, the garden path is calling it!!!

ahhh vista.... :sick:

not a good OS really. alot of people have had problems with installing things such as printer and camera drivers on it...

might be best to try your other laptops?
I have a pretty old laptop (its on its way out!) but that still finds and downloads pictures from my cameras.

oh well both the laptops are vista too, so i wont hold my breath then

doh!

IMO vista isnt ready yet, its another windows ME

shame more places dont offer XP as standard.

perservere with it though, shelagh!
getting a good picture right is a great feeling! ;)

shelagh, try to go to the website of the product and see if there is a update for the drivers..

If not, are you lugging it in to the front usb's or the back ones? do you always plug it in to the same usb port?

Most camera you just plug them in and it auto shows regardless of drivers so long as it has a memory card, it should show up in my commputer as G: or maybe D: or summat depending on how many drives you have etc.

Just try plugging in to the back usb port (always use the same one) wait for it recognise it, then thats it, it will show in my computer as a new drive to acess your pics.

011-2.jpg

hmmm not just a pretty face ! :p
yeah your definatley right about vista, what bollox, i downloaded the newer version of the finepix viewer, and guess what it wont work either its just gives me " process aborted"
so what i have to do is go to autoplay>reset to import using windows ( everytime) as it wont save the settings.
clearly says that for vista i dont need a driver........hmm obviously a man that worked that one out!! ;)

see how long it lasts this time :)

shelagh xxx

Most reactions

Back