Why Do People Think All Fish

keeton

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 10, 2009
Messages
208
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sheffield
are really sensitive when traveling? a few of my mates panic when the bag slightly moves when they are carrying to the car never mind the bumps in the car :crazy: and thats with guppy's and goldfish.
i tell them how they get delivered on lorries and bashed about but still act weird, i own a sports bike and thats the only way i get fish and bring them back, my honey gouramis have been at 70 odd down the motorway lol, and my cory's have been through sheffield (the roads are like patch work quilt lol) for 25/30mins.

i dont get why people act like this? i know they really care, but really care aswell
 
are really sensitive when traveling? a few of my mates panic when the bag slightly moves when they are carrying to the car never mind the bumps in the car :crazy: and thats with guppy's and goldfish.
i tell them how they get delivered on lorries and bashed about but still act weird, i own a sports bike and thats the only way i get fish and bring them back, my honey gouramis have been at 70 odd down the motorway lol, and my cory's have been through sheffield (the roads are like patch work quilt lol) for 25/30mins.

i dont get why people act like this? i know they really care, but really care aswell


But you still have to remember, even though yes the are delivered as you say, it puts emense stress still on them and alot of fish actually do die in transit. Yes people can be a little to careful buts that not a bad thing, why stress the fish anymore than it has to be.
 
i know what you mean mate but i did lose a breeding krib sunday i picked them up from bakewell and i only live in chesterfield its about 13 miles away from me
 
But you also have to remember when in transport to the shop their drugged to reduce stress where when you pick them up their wide awake.
 
And it can often go very wrong when fish are delivered to shops. If it's done properly, the risk is minimal, but there often mistakes that lead to a lot of deaths...
 
I try to be careful with my fish when I bring them home. They sit in the front seat or my passenger holds them. The less movement and sloshing around the less stress. Yes they are tolerate splashing around. But why shake them up if you don't have too. Less movement less stress. With less stress you have happier healthy fish.

When my dogs are in the car I drive more careful so they don't fall down. My 15 year old dog never sits in the car unless we are driving for a long time. So when she is in the car I'm more careful of bumps are turns. It's just the nice thing to do.

So am I a weirdo to handle live fish with care?
 
This only applies to things like shrimp and crabs, but they can lose legs in a bag if it folds on them. I've had it happen. -_-
 
Who knows, some fish may even have a bit of 'adrenaline junkie' inside them 70 mph on a sports bike could be a buzz for some fish! LOL
 
I think everyone has different views on this, and different experiances. Ovbiously different fish - different problems.

I am very careful with my fish and dont tip the bag, and try and keep it as stedy as I can, but my girlfriend jus carrys them like a shopping bag - and both of our fish end up the same.

I guess everyone is different.

But like someone stated, better to be safe than sorry. :good:
 
I tend to err on the side of causion, I know I wouldn't like to be swung all over the place in a darkened bag. So I try not to do that to my fishies!
 
I'm very carefull with my fish. I even use cushions to hold the bag upright in the car.
 
I tie the bag to the thing in the boot to keep milk upright ect. I still drive normally though.
 
Mine are just put on the back seat with the seat belt round the bag and I drive fairly normally, although go over the ###### speed bumps a little slower.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top