Why Did They Put It In Captivity :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorry to say but Japan does not have a very good reputation with marine life... Whaling in Australian waters, The cove. couple examples.

Poor guy is right very cool looking shark. The way it flares make me think of where our bettas got the idea to look tough.

Why mess with nature? they had no idea why the shark was not in deep water, it could have been giving birth or something? poor thing indeed.

Jacques Deval summed it up when he said

'God loved the birds, so he invented trees;
Man loved the birds, so he invented cages.'

Too bad :(

I reckon it died from the stress of being moved, I bet they didn't acclimatise it did they :/
And probably from the light that is wasn't used to :/

That type of shark lives really far down at much deeper levels than most fish and sharks where the water pressure is much higher. It may have been sick and got pulled up by the current into shallower water where the pressure was too light for it's body, which may have contributed to it's demise.

sharks teeth are amazing like a conveyor-belt of teeth incredible!!!

Jacques Deval summed it up when he said

'God loved the birds, so he invented trees;
Man loved the birds, so he invented cages.'

Too bad

^relevant comment here...agreed ^

The likely thing is that it would have died anyway, at least this means it was a) observed alive and b) the body hadn't started to decay as it would have had it died in the wild. The only way for conservation is understanding, and with a species like this the oppurtunity doesn't occur very often.

thats real cool! but not fair what they did...if they could of replicated its natural habitat well....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back