JustKia
Fish Herder
They didn't go and dredge the shark up with the intent of keeping it in captivity.
The shark came up naturally, so was likely ill or dying anyway.
They then took it into captivity where it died, but was able to have been observed and now preserved instead of decaying or eaten in the ocean.
As these creatures live so deep it's not so easy to observe them in their natural habitat, not to re-create such a habitat.
But surfice to say a healthy frilled shark wasn't going to have made it's way into shallow waters.
I don't believe they come into shallow waters to give birth either. Their bodies are designed to withstand the immense pressures of the very deep waters in which they live.
Being in the shallows may have hastened it's death but I'd be fairly sure it wasn't going to live long, captured or not and that's why it was found in shallow waters.
Fascinating creature though.
I could be way off base here, I'm no frilled shark expert LOL, but to me it looked old and stiff with it's body kept in the curved position,although it seemed quite able to move the caudal to swim almost effortlessly.
I'd love to see a docu done on these in the natural habitat, maybe discovery can come up with the funds one day?
The shark came up naturally, so was likely ill or dying anyway.
They then took it into captivity where it died, but was able to have been observed and now preserved instead of decaying or eaten in the ocean.
As these creatures live so deep it's not so easy to observe them in their natural habitat, not to re-create such a habitat.
But surfice to say a healthy frilled shark wasn't going to have made it's way into shallow waters.
I don't believe they come into shallow waters to give birth either. Their bodies are designed to withstand the immense pressures of the very deep waters in which they live.
Being in the shallows may have hastened it's death but I'd be fairly sure it wasn't going to live long, captured or not and that's why it was found in shallow waters.
Fascinating creature though.
I could be way off base here, I'm no frilled shark expert LOL, but to me it looked old and stiff with it's body kept in the curved position,although it seemed quite able to move the caudal to swim almost effortlessly.
I'd love to see a docu done on these in the natural habitat, maybe discovery can come up with the funds one day?








