Who's Been Stealing The Water?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DevotedToDiscus

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I found this mildly amusing this morning. On my balcony I have a planted water container, which I put half a dozen Guppies in about 6 months ago. It now has around 2 trillion Guppies in it! OK, a mild exaggeration, but there are considerably more than I started with.......Anyway, it doesn't need a heater or filter or anything, as the temperature here never drops below 22C on the coldest of nights! And twice a week I change the water, so it kind of takes care of itself, a bit like a little pond. Now over the past couple of weeks I have noticed the water level kept dropping.....I'd top it up and 2 days later it was down again
blink.gif
I couldn't see any leaks, so I assumed it was evaporation, but it hadn't happened before.......very odd!

And then this morning while trying to cure my hangover with 10 cups of coffee, I spotted the water thief!
angry.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 46
I found this mildly amusing this morning. On my balcony I have a planted water container, which I put half a dozen Guppies in about 6 months ago. It now has around 2 trillion Guppies in it! OK, a mild exaggeration, but there are considerably more than I started with.......Anyway, it doesn't need a heater or filter or anything, as the temperature here never drops below 22C on the coldest of nights! And twice a week I change the water, so it kind of takes care of itself, a bit like a little pond. Now over the past couple of weeks I have noticed the water level kept dropping.....I'd top it up and 2 days later it was down again
blink.gif
I couldn't see any leaks, so I assumed it was evaporation, but it hadn't happened before.......very odd!

And then this morning while trying to cure my hangover with 10 cups of coffee, I spotted the water thief!
angry.gif

Sneaky thing, it hasn't eaten any of the guppies has it?

blink.gif

angry.gif

Sneaky thing, it hasn't eaten any of the guppies has it?
Better not have! Did a massive Pigeon poop on my chair though!
angry.gif

:lol:

Are you going to net it?
The container.........or the bird??
rofl.gif

Anyway, it doesn't need a heater or filter or anything, as the temperature here never drops below 22C on the coldest of nights!

Nice pond. Lucky you, I am so jealous :sly: :lol:

BANG!!!

Thats a very nice setup you have there. :) I like it... I like it alot! :)
Wow! Thanks Minnnt
blush.gif
..... It seems to keep itself in good order, I think the plants soak up any nutrients, and produce enough oxygen to keep any algae away. Then a couple of times a week I drain a little water out and top it back up. Guppies are happy and breed like little rabbits
w00t.gif
................Just gotta stop the pigeon Muttley
wahey.gif

Just shoot that flying rat and put it in a pie, best thing for it :good:

A puff pastry crust and a splash of HP sauce.....ummmm

Most reactions

trending

Back