Whoa! Not Good! - Got Virus From This Site!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't an I am on windows, using Safari, one of the safest browsers out there in my opinion, very resistant to attacks, to the poster above Macs aren't virus proof just in case you weren't aware, it pays to run some form of virus protection on them.

i think (just think, not sure) that the universal applications that would be found on windows aren't virus proof, but ive never gotten a virus in 10 years of macs, and i think that mac only applications are invincible.

i think (just think, not sure) that the universal applications that would be found on windows aren't virus proof, but ive never gotten a virus in 10 years of macs, and i think that mac only applications are invincible.

Dude, you're 12. How are you using mac's for 10 years..... don't be silly.

When I came to this forum last week I picked up a nasty new virus which my anti virus software warned me of while on the site!. It completely wiped my desktop hiding all my files, deleted all my printer drives and told me my disk space was compromised and asked me to download and pay for new software to fix it! Needless to say I didnt but it took my husband who is a computer expert all night to fix it and get everything back to normal!

Im hoping the mods know about this and have fixed it? Ive been too scared to come here but my anti virus has been updated so im hoping it is ok now. :crazy:

Anyone else had this problem?

could you tell us what your AV software was? as it looks like one to avoid. perhaps all those who suffered could post the AV/security software they were using, this may be quite revealing.

Just imagine a 2 year old surfing the web maybe he's a quick learner

Also, just for the satisfactions of my ego; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13453497 ....

That is all.

you know, i was 2 at one point. i used to use my moms imac and my brothers powerbook g3. whos the silly one now?

you know, i was 2 at one point. i used to use my moms imac and my brothers powerbook g3. whos the silly one now?

OK, both of you, knock it off; we don't need petty little bickering like this. Thanks. Bignose.

Ace of Spades is right, all of you Mac users are going to have to start battening down the hatches as the more Mac users there are, the more likely it is someone will write a virus. Don't leave it till it's too late.

You can apparently get anti-virus programs online from the applestore repository.

http://store.apple.com/uk/search?find=virus

There may even be free ones available.

You can also get sandboxes for the Mac that your browser etc. can run in.

Up until now, the reason you haven't seen any viruses or malware is because it hasn't been worth the scumbags time to bother writing a virus.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/20/apple_malware_attacks/

ive heard of one called "MacDefender" which is a virus-preventing thing that just makes you buy things. seriously, i dont even bother with all that "mac anti-virus" because all its ever done is screw up my computer.

when i got it i downloaded the virus creation lab and made a virus to inhibit the viruses action and restore the files deleted :) i love building counter-virus viruses lol!!

The problem we had is well over with now so I will be closing this thread. If anyone encounters further issues related to it, please PM a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back