White Tara my Mystery Snail !

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Here is Tara, named after an Astral Goddess of Compassion and Longevity.

20200125_205859.jpg
20200125_205528.jpg
***just an edit, I guess this isn't a fish or a tank. I'll be more careful where I post.
I'm just excited because I'm figuring out how to post images.
Next challenge...videos!
And pictures without waterspots on my tanks!

Last edited:
Nice looking snail :)
Thank you. Now lives with one Danio, and my last green neon tetra...and plucked off bits of hornwort and anachris from overgrowth. A weird tank set up in a 5 gallon restaurant cube...have to get a picture up for that one, it probably doesn't make sense.

Poor Danio and Tetra. Maybe Tara will have compassion for them, keep the peace and round things out.

Tera was technically was the goddess of earth. (Tera, referring to the earth, or Mother Earth)

Not meaning to call you out, but I’m sort of a history buff, lol. :lol:

Nice looking snail! I’m looking into getting some golden mystery snails soon for my 29g. :)

It's White Tara, the Buddhist goddess, not Tera. And the goddess of mother Earth was Terra ;)

Tera was technically was the goddess of earth. (Tera, referring to the earth, or Mother Earth)

Not meaning to call you out, but I’m sort of a history buff, lol. :lol:

Nice looking snail! I’m looking into getting some golden mystery snails soon for my 29g. :)
I had two great looking golden mystery snails that went after and destroyed several of my plants, I ended up giving them to my bother-in-law and bought nerites snails which do a good job cleaning and leave my plants alone. They just do not look as good as the mystery snails. :(

Oh...gotcha. That makes more sense. :good:
Glad you worked that out amongst yourselves. ☺
Call me out anytime...I need to socialize more!
Seriously, I'm always open for corrections..
In case I ever go out. And meet people. Don't want to be embarrased!

I had two great looking golden mystery snails that went after and destroyed several of my plants, I ended up giving them to my bother-in-law and bought nerites snails which do a good job cleaning and leave my plants alone. They just do not look as good as the mystery snails. :(
Oh no! I will certainly remember that.
I have a few nerites, too.

The pictures of Tara were when she, I decided she is a girl, was in my "fancy" tank. Now she is in my "restaurant cube" tank. Eating away all the extra food...from trying to make sure my remaining tetra makes it...and extra floater plants from plucking out of other tanks.
Strange little tank; Will post picture of it soon!

Oh no! I will certainly remember that.
I have a few nerites, too.

The pictures of Tara were when she, I decided she is a girl, was in my "fancy" tank. Now she is in my "restaurant cube" tank. Eating away all the extra food...from trying to make sure my remaining tetra makes it...and extra floater plants from plucking out of other tanks.
Strange little tank; Will post picture of it soon!
My mystery snails seem to like my moneywort, hornwort, jungle val and anacharis plants the most :( but left my Java Ferns and African Water Ferns alone.

My mystery snails seem to like my moneywort, hornwort, jungle val and anacharis plants the most :( but left my Java Ferns and African Water Ferns alone.
Glad I took her out of my "fancy" tank, then.
Hornwort and anachris abound. (Am I misspelling anachris)?

it's anacharis, I had trouble with the spelling too when I first bought the plant. :) I only started having live plants last year before that had only plastic. I like live so much better but plastic is easier to care for;)

it's anacharis, I had trouble with the spelling too when I first bought the plant. :) I only started having live plants last year before that had only plastic. I like live so much better but plastic is easier to care for;)
I would never have gotten so involved with this "hobby"---(someone on another forum objected to this word, I don't know, I would say it is a hobby, though. I couldn't figure out a way to post pictures there, though, so now I am here)---, if it weren't for live plants!
The quality of my tanks, less cleaning, less money buying filters, on an on.

I had bubbles off one of my plants yesterday, wow that is something awesome as I hadn't done a water change. I felt so proud of it, although, of course I didn't DO it, it is one of nature's built in wonders.

I had taken a break from having freshwater fish and only had my turtles and their tanks for several years. I have many hobbies to keep me busy after retiring. Last year I decided to get back into freshwater fish after doing some reading on doing a silent cycle. So I planted my 55 gallon tank starting with moss balls and hornwort then added my fish is small shoals a week or two at a time, adding more plants as I went. It went really well so I did it again with my 30 gallon guppy/shrimp tank. I wish I could do it with my turtles tank but they would tear up the plants.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back