White spots on Guorami for the last month?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

heavenlydi

Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought a powder blue dwarf guorami a month ago. The day after I put her in the quarantine tank 4 white specks appeared. Iā€™ve treating her steady with Paraguard (didnā€™t work), imagitarium parasite remedy, and currently ick-attack. In the one month I have only seen one speck disappear.
I also have 5 nerite snails and 6 Cory cats in the same 20 gallon tank. Excellent water parameters - nothing out of wack, cycled tank. What could this be? I was under the impression that the ich life cycle is was much shorter and they would at least fall off by now. Theyā€™re all in the same exact spots.

Heya! Sorry but could you attach a picture? Sometimes injured scales can cause little while spots, Ich can be very resistant against cures, it may just not be effective. However I have rarely heard of ich lasting that long without a fish succumbing to it totally or having the Ich retreat, so a picture may be good. Some Powder blues may grow smaller white pigmented scales but they do not look like ich. Have you looked into fungal infections?

Thanks for responding! The white spot on her top fin is no longer there. I just switched to Prazi Pro two days ago but the spot on her side is still there.
I have not looked into bacterial yet. What would I be looking for that would determine bacterial vs. parasitic?

Attachments

• 48CF7E94-637D-44D5-BE97-A0E827D0FF6A.jpeg
    48CF7E94-637D-44D5-BE97-A0E827D0FF6A.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 1F2174B0-B549-40E6-B516-BDB7FB6D79C3.jpeg
    1F2174B0-B549-40E6-B516-BDB7FB6D79C3.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 88
Oh interesting, the first picture does look like a missing scale but the second is far too white for that. Does the fish display any unusual behaviors? Parasites will usually cause more extreme behavioral changes, such as aggressively scraping their sides on your tank interior, swimming up and down rapidly, circling in place, not eating and sitting in place. Do you know if their poop is a usual colour? Fungal infections will usually spread rather rapidly, I recommend you look into the general ways to keep them apart, and look for picture examples to compare :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back