WHITE SPOT

ALASDAIR

Reaction score
HI ALL

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. I HAVE A 10ft POND AND HAVE KOY.STERLET STURGEONS, AND GOLD FISH,THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE KOY OR A FEW OF THEM. THEY HAVE DEVELOPED WHITE SPOT AND ONE WITH MOUTH SORES. HAVE AND STILL AM TREATING THEM WITH THE USUAL BOTTLED TREATMENTS BUT THEY DONT SEEM TO BE WORKING. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY OTHER WAY TO CURE THESE AILMENTS.

PS.
I LIVE IN SCOTLAND AND THE POND TEMPERATURE IS DOWN NOW TO 18 DEGREES AND I DONT HAVE MUCH MORE TIME LEFT ie: BELOW 10 DEG THESE TREATMENTS LOOSE THERE AFFECT.

MANY THANKS HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP

ALASDAIR

A Copper Sulfate or Copper Formalin medicine should be able to kill most infections. There are many medicines all do the trick. If the fish are salt tolerant give your fish a salt bath. Also raise the temp this ups the life cycle of the disgusting parasite.

ALASDAIR said:
HI ALL

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. I HAVE A 10ft POND AND HAVE KOY.STERLET STURGEONS, AND GOLD FISH,THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE KOY OR A FEW OF THEM. THEY HAVE DEVELOPED WHITE SPOT AND ONE WITH MOUTH SORES. HAVE AND STILL AM TREATING THEM WITH THE USUAL BOTTLED TREATMENTS BUT THEY DONT SEEM TO BE WORKING. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY OTHER WAY TO CURE THESE AILMENTS.

PS.
I LIVE IN SCOTLAND AND THE POND TEMPERATURE IS DOWN NOW TO 18 DEGREES AND I DONT HAVE MUCH MORE TIME LEFT ie: BELOW 10 DEG THESE TREATMENTS LOOSE THERE AFFECT.

MANY THANKS HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP

ALASDAIR
Ich is a demon parasitic disease most likely caused by the rapidly falling temperature in your country. Goldfish usually only tolerate water as cold as 32 degrees F, and not much colder. They start to loose mobility in waters an more fridgid. The stress from the temps. may alow Ich to spread like a wildfire.

The treatments may not be working effectively because the doseage is not strong enough and the water is too cold. The treatments will not work at all on the parasite until the parasite has dropped off of the fish. You cannot kill it otherwise, which really sucks.

Hope that helps!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back