White Lips On My Black Molly?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HCpetraitis

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've been noticing that my black molly has been getting kind of white. She has white lips and a little bit of white on the tips of her gills. I've gotten pics of her lips. Is this just old age or is it sickness. I know it isn' some kind of parasite because it isn't stringy stuff on her lips its just white.....

001-2-1.jpg

Sorry its not the best quality picture but, can you see that her lips are a little lighter? She wasn't like this before.

Have a close look and try to figure out if there is a fuzzy coating on her where she is lighter in color. If there is, go to the tropical emergencies section and post exactly what you have seen along with the picture. I don't recall the name of it but when I was in the hobby years ago, I lost a lot of fish to something that looked like that.

It's a bacterial infection. Any medicine that treats gram-negative bacteria should do the trick.

Columnaris_Krankheitsbild%20-%20Diagnose_STUG_Weissmaul.jpg

Well, she doesn't have the thig on her fin. But I'm not really sure about her lips. Do you have any pics of the front view?

I read the attachment and her only symptom is the mouth. I'm not quite sure thats what she has. Maybe she's just getting old.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back