White fungus?

Dp3003

New Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Worcester
I have a white fungus type thing growing on the plastic, can anyone tell me what it is and how to get rid, I don’t want it to harm my fish. Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    95.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    179.6 KB · Views: 87
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    174.9 KB · Views: 125
No idea what it is but it is likely some type of bacteria culture. Likely not harmful. Bacteria can be hard to remove from a tank without antibiotics and fungi are also more resistant to treatment. Your best bet will be to wipe it off and look for any source of nutrient in the water, ie dead fish or snails. Are your fish showing any distress?
 
How long has this been set up?
Looks like calcium build up. I think.
Hard water possibly.
 
I had a similar problem when starting off. Always attacked the tubing.
Cleaned it off every water change.
Once the tank matured, it stopped.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top