White Algae?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

GuppyGirl20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This might seem like a stupid question but is there white algae? I bought a plat for my tank maybe a week ago (ish) and it was the kind that is sold out of tank (idk brand name but they're packaged so they're "snail free guaranteed"). I got back home from a weekend at home and I notice on the plant there's this little patch of white stuff on it. Idk what it is or if it's harmful. Any help would be appreciated.

If you look really close, you may see that they are actually little white worms. I had them. Harmless and removed algae from glass aswell when they got there lol.

This doesn't look like worms.
securedownload1.jpeg

securedownload-1.jpeg

It looks that way. It wasn't on there when I put the plant in my tank. Since I don't have a timer for my light when I was gone over the weekend I left my blinds open so at least some light could get to my tank.

Hi again. To be honest it actually sounds far more like a fungus rather than algae. Try looking into it more and see whether or not you think it is fungus or algae. If you believe it is algae, just get an anti-algae treatment.

I just went ahead and took that whole plant put of my tank but thanks for trying to help.

You could just wash it off..... No need to take it out of the tank completely

Well I put a fish cave I made in my tank too and there wasn't room for that plant anymore *shrug*

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back