WhistlingBadger - October 2023 Fish of the Month Winner (all fish)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
October 2023 Fish
of the Month Contest
We had 11 awesome fish entered in this month's FOTM contest but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
WhistlingBadger
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's the winning entry and its description
sir-reginald-jpg.328948
This is Sir Reginald, an 8" long royal whiptail (Sturisomatichys aureus). He was named by @TheLavenderBadger, since I find that if I name a fish, it immediately dies.

I got him in May of 2022, when he was just a baby. Since then, he has survived a major ich infection that killed off all of his buddies, many many water changes, a few minor maintenance disasters, and an unknown number of stressed dental patients staring at him.

He lives in a 150 gallon tank which I set up in a dental office in summer of 2021. The tank is aquascaped to resemble a flooded forest in northern South America. Tank mates include five adult scalare angelfish, large schools of rosy tetras and lemon tetras, and an unknown number of snails. He has recently acquired four conspecifics. True to his aristocratic lineage, he completely ignores all of them.

But his eyes...you can tell from his eyes that he's up to something. Or perhaps he's just a philosopher.

Last edited:
Congrats to @WhistlingBadger for the win with your 8 inch Royal Whiptail. Great pic and very interesting fish. Well deserved win.

The following members finished the contest among top 4 entries:
Second place: @simonas - African Tiger Fish
Third place: @OMG_FL - Sri Lankan Giant Snakehead
Fourth place @CaptainBarnicles - Boesemani Rainbowfish

Thanks to everyone who participated in this month's Fish of the Month Contest.

Right now we are accepting entries for our Tank of the Month contest. For November, we are featuring tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger. If you have that size tank, we hope to see you participating in the contest. To view the entry thread, CLICK HERE

Last edited:
Whew, I didn't think there was any way Sir Reginald could beat a tigerfish, a silver betta, a stunningly beautiful discus, some interesting livebearers, gouramis, and bottom-dwellers, AND an adorable young snakehead. I hope all of you enter again. This was a really fun contest.

Well done. Beautiful fish!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back