Which plants should I get?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Fishies4Ever

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I want to get some more plants for before I get shrimp so they have more places to hide and for the tetra because they seem pretty shy and never go up to the top unless to eat. I think the tetras are a bit scared of the bright light so Iā€™m going to get red root floaters or frogbit. Any ideas on what other plants I should get and where I should put them? Itā€™s a 10 gallon with 2 Amazon swords, red myrio, golden creeping Jenny, nana petite Anubias, Java fern, and 2 cryptocoryn which I donā€™t know what kind they are. Iā€™m also going to add some almond leaves I am pretty sure for the shrimp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 14
I'm sure this has been covered previously somewhere, but it needs saying because it is crucial here. Floating plants. This is why the current fish are behaving the way you describe, no cover.

I'm sure this has been covered previously somewhere, but it needs saying because it is crucial here. Floating plants. This is why the current fish are behaving the way you describe, no cover.
That was kind of what I am thinking I am planning on getting red root floaters and frogbit but I donā€™t know where to get it. I want to get it from Marcus fishtanks but it hasnā€™t been in stock for awhile.

Can't help with US suppliers. I don't know that reed root floaters are much to write home about, any more than Salvinia, in this sort of situation. You want substantial cover, Frogbit is good, Water Sprite is best if you can find it.

That was kind of what I am thinking I am planning on getting red root floaters and frogbit but I donā€™t know where to get it. I want to get it from Marcus fishtanks but it hasnā€™t been in stock for awhile.
Look on Etsy. There are lots of merchants on there. I get most of my plants that way.

pearl weed; horn-worth, guppy grass are all good options.

Floating plants first n foremost imho. Fish behaviour in a tank with a good surface covering is stunningly different to oneā€™s without. Plus theyā€™re best for the water quality.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back