Whhich Media Are You Using?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sure there is. Eheim is the only manufacturer claiming their use for mechanical filtration

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
Hagen Fluval Prefilter Media (Fluval A-1470)

clear1x1.gif

• Fluval Prefilter Media (Fluval A-1470) for all Hagen Fluval filters
  • Top or Middle Media Baskets
  • For freshwater and marine environments
Fluval Pre-Filter Media consists of chemically inert ceramic rings designed to capture larger solids. Trapping these particles before they can move further through the system, Pre-Filter prevents the clogging of active media that will filter the same water in subsequent stages. This extends the media, and reduces the need for frequent replacement. Pre-Filter is permanent, and requires only occasional rinsing.
not the only one!!!

OK, though I'd update all of you.

I've now set the filter up as per Eheim instruction- Ceramic rings, coarse pad, 1 Ltr Substrat Pro, fine filter pad. The Flow of water did increase but not by much so I decided that there was something wrong with the filter.

Given the filter is out of warranty and I was probably goig to need a new one I completely dismantled the filter and found that there was a blockage in the filter inlet on the bottom of the cannister.

Flow is now up and the filter is qiueter than ever.

I'm expecting my water readings to go into a mini cycle after removing 2 x fine filter pads and some ceramic rings but given the filter handles up to 250Ltr and I'm only running 125Ltr I'm hoping this is minimal

Thanks for everyone advice and the debate

Kev

unless you removed 1/4-1/ of the media, i wouldnt worry about a mini cycle. you should still have more than enough bacteria in there to accommodate your tank.

glad you got it cleared up

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back