Where do you come from

Wow this is a great topic! ;)
I sort of stumbled into my love of fish because of my job, i am a daycare teacher and i have 10 little darlings. (which in canada does not unfortunatly pay very well) but i do get to play all day! But the best part is the daycare had a 55 gallon tank they wanted to trade because the kids were scaring the fish and tring to put stuff in the tank!! so i had a little 10 gallon i got to trade, and it came with a 33cm long lepord placo that grew up in the tank for the last 12 years!!!!!
so i have discovered another passion besides children, well its coming home and relaxing and watching my fishies, as for posting, well i'm still new to this business and there is alot of info on this forum! most of my time i'm just reading about some of the cool topics and learning more about my fish, so far we've had 7 litters or whatever you call it of baby mollies and we've got about 12 mollies that are 4 months old and we recently introduced into the 55 g, so between kids at work, pregenant fish and baby fish at home (plus the other 20 or so in there too)
i'm suprised that i don't have any kids of my own yet! :p lol
cheers
love jen

I live in Humlebæk, Denmark. I post mostly from home as I have unlimited interent access there.

8) cool responses guys, the mum and teacher thing seems to have taken over the fishy jargon, (although it does look as if bettaboyz was right about the mollies, 7 litters for jenni182 hope you had the adults for longer than a week!)

:/ Aberdeen Aquarist hmm me thinks that Dean Widness (or Whoever) is probably a footballer!! So, being a girly :* it means nothing . Now if you want to type about Beckhams Butt, thats a whole different website. Probably just gone down in your estimation :-( but won't lose sleep about it :zz

Debo :eek: SNOW!!! We're having a little bit of a drought at the mo' B) so stop showing off (Went skiing in Austria last Christmas, no snow there either!!!!!)

Off to do some sensible fishy research in other ares, back soon

Love Mollie x x x

El Paso, Texas. Pretty lousy place as far as LFSes go, since there's very little fish selection here; gotta order anything you want that's even halfway exotic

HI ALL, WELL I LIVE IN NORTH WALES, LOVELY GREEN HILLS (COS ITS ALWAYS RAINING)
I'M AN AIRCRAFT TECHNICIAN :sick:

Sorry Mollie,
Three more inches of snow. Where shall I send the water too?
PS- By the way, I also sell PartyLite Candles............They are awesome.
Do you have them where you live? If not...................I'll send some to you.
Deb {going to find the shovel-could be a longgggggggg winter here.}

I saw on page one someone from Exeter, I am also living in Exeter......well Topsham on the river exe in Devon, UK

As for a job, I am a nurse, happy to see so many people happy in their work either inside or outside their home....personally I greatly dislike my job :( !!
as I nurse there is internet access but not really two secs spare to even pee, let alone post!! :blink:

:lol: Mabuhay! Hello to all the members of the forum! I am Ek-ek from the Philippines. Bienvenidos and Hola to all people

:lol: Jail tank!!!! Why are your cherry barbs in there, bullying or are they poorly?
Down at the LFS this morning and they had partitioned a tank red swordtail fish on one side and on the other, tigar barbs. One of the swordtail fish was trapped on the wrong side, it was Sh****** itself! The poor thing was desperatly bashing itself against the partition trying to escape, I nearly bought it there and then, but unfortunately have no water in tank yet so i didn't think it would like that either. Was going to tell the man at the shop, but i thought he wouldn't appreciate (please put in a spell check option) being told how to run the shop!

Debo - More snow! Wow, have you got the skis out yet?? No rain here yet, and will help in emptying the resovior (again with the spell check) when i fill my tank tomorrow!! Yes to the party candles, I don't think we get them over here

Hello to Ek-ek and Ketyana

Ketyana, you may hate your job but you must have a big dollup of the very special something factor, as I know I couldn't do what you do! My Mum recently had a brain tumor removed and the nurses (& docs and surgeons) did an absolutely fantastic job looking after her and returning her safely home.

Love Mollie x x

I live and work in London for the BBC so keep your license fees coming to help me out with my bills!! :p

Very new to this but I will be posting mostly from work....too busy at home watching my fish to be bothered to turn the PC on!

Soon to emigrate to Sydney, Australia. 8)

Abramofish.

I'm from Ontario, Canada.....and i've recently become addicted to this site because it answers all my ??'s bout my fishies. I actually live in a really small rural town in Ontario, so its definately not as exciting as the UK!
Funny tho, I am at work right now...teehee!! I work at a hotel at the front desk, checking people in and that sorta stuff....but my real job is to just sit here and answer the phone, and it HARDLY EVER RINGS! so i play around on the net! i worry a lot about my fishies, thats how i ended up signing up for this forum.....
well later everyone! ~sarie :thumbs:

As you can see from the name, I'm from Cumbernauld in Scotland (Just North of Glasgow), and the only things it's famous for is that the Antonine Wall runs beside it and it was recently voted as the 2nd worst town to live in the UK....I knew I should've emigrated to Canada!!! Maybe I still will

BTW, I'm a Network Engineer and post from both home & work

Mj

i live in an the okanagan!!!!! southern bc....canada :thumbs:
sometimes i post from school when no i is looking heh heh.......for a job guh i work in a grocery story :/ but hey it's gonna pay for vet school.......u ppl r from everywhere!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back