Where Did Babies Come From?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Deepatlantis

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I'm really confused, there are a few fry in my tank this morning, but none of my pregnant fish looked ready to give birth and they all still look pregnant? What's going on? I've spotted about five fry, and I don't know if they are guppy or platy...how can I tell?

Well most livebearers give birth over a period of time...... and I guess guppy are more of wanderers, while platy just sit there.

I've caught five fry so far and moved them to the hatchery. See one more I can't reach at the moment. I'll try to get a decent photo.

Here's a photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 108
That looks much more Guppy than Platy.... Platy fry normally shows colour from birth... and.... they have shorter (and wider) tail section..... could be one giving birth atm..... watch out for more.....

Thank you, still not sure who's having them, I have two pregnant guppies. I've saved nine so far.

PlecostomusPerson said:
Well Ludwig defiantly explained it all.

defiantly?  :blink:

Definately. :p

I hate auto-correct.

I'd second the guppy ID (not that one needs to second Ludwig's identifications).

Ha! Ha!.... I assumed autocorrect.... "Defiantly" would've been a bit controversial.... I stick to my original statement!....
smile.png

Haha, I did think that was a dramatic statement! I figured out which guppy it was and have put 11 fry into a hatchery. There are 3 that are light coloured...is that different fathers or different gender of fry? This is so fascinating, my whole life I've wanted fish and already in the first five days it's been so exciting and fun!

Eagles, my favourite auto correct had to be your misspelling in the fotm comp!!!! :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back