• sterbai cory (Corydoras sterbai)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Gold laser cory (Corydoras sp. CW010)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Banded cory (scleromystax barbatus)

• corydoras sp. 187

• Emerald catfish ( Corydoras splendens)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • tailspot cory (Corydoras caudimaculatus)

• Other Cory (please state what this is)

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
my other cory choice would be bandit cory

Bandit_Cory_5_1024x1024.jpg

1661806947559.png

Last edited:
Am I the only one who find Corydoras adolfoi and similar looking species appealing?

Anyways, I do find C. adolfoi and other similar looking species (C. duplicareus, C. burgessi, C. sp. "C121") to be my all time favorite Corydoras species.

All corys are cute as buttons. My favs are whatever ones I have in my tanks at the moment. I have kept or have now*

paleatus
LF paleatus*
panda
similis
black schultzi
sterbai*
albino aeneus*

But the most important thing to know is that corys adore us!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who find Corydoras adolfoi and similar looking species appealing?

Anyways, I do find C. adolfoi and other similar looking species (C. duplicareus, C. burgessi, C. sp. "C121") to be my all time favorite Corydoras species.

I really like these species too. In 1996 (may have been 1997) I was lucky enough to have a fish store in Vancouver that imported wild caught fish from the sources. I went into the store and one of the staff whom I knew fairly well excitedly directed me to a new shipment of "Corydoras adolfo." I took one look and said, "Those are not adolfoi; if you look at the July issue of Freshwater & Marine Aquarium there is an article describing the new species." He grabbed a copy (they carried it) and turned to page 8 and saw David Sands' article describing four new species collected in streams around that of C. adolfoi." Corydoras duplicareus was the cory in the store tank, and I bought a group of six. This was the first shipment of this new species into Canada. In the succeeding years, he imported many cory species and I bought a number of them, until I had 70 cories representing some 12 species in my 5-foot tank. Some species I could not get more than 3 or so, but they all got along as cories do.

The same store later had C. davidsandsi, C. guapore, C. similis, C, fowleri, and others I can't remember now.

I've always liked bronze but, to be honest, I don't like any right now. Had a group of 1 albino and 5 bronze swarm, attack and kill a small stardust pleco that cost me $60.00.

Sigh, I still sort of like corys but I no longer trust in that they totally non-aggressive.
the pleco died and the corys were eating the dead body.

the pleco died and the corys were eating the dead body.
I wish that were true but it is not. The pleco was trying to get away but the corys literally ate through the middle. I actually saw it happening but could not do anything fast enough to save the pleco. They literally cut the poor thing in half.

I wish that were true but it is not. The pleco was trying to get away but the corys literally ate through the middle. I actually saw it happening but could not do anything fast enough to save the pleco. They literally cut the poor thing in half.

I don't see how cories could cut through a pleco that was healthy. A dead or dying pleco might be inspected, but it is highly unlikely if not impossible for Corydoras to eat another fish. They don't have teeth to cut through fish scales.

I don't see how cories could cut through a pleco that was healthy. A dead or dying pleco might be inspected, but it is highly unlikely if not impossible for Corydoras to eat another fish. They don't have teeth to cut through fish scales.
I agree... Are you sure you had corydoras? Lol... I don't know how or why they would have killed a pleco. Not reasonable at all on any terms.

Let’s not forget Julii cory
I had and loved them but they all died due to my water being too hard.
712AA5B8-212B-4004-A374-EFC904BAD32A.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Back