What's The Difference Between Led And Flourescent?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Depends on the led used. If using good quality leds, the running costs are generally lover; less watts. Start-up costs are; however, higher.

I am looking for a ratio myself. I run way too many tanks on fluorescent tubes and have no LEDs at all. I would love to have someone say that X fluorescent is equivalent to Y LED wattage. Unfortunately, I have yet to see that comparison made here or elsewhere. Come on guys. I know that some of you are using LEDs. Is there a way to relate the LED to our "old" way of thinking?

I have leds in my 55 gallon and they are very expensive but they last a long time for the price. They are very bright so my catfish don't like them during the daybut they also have a blue settin which is close to flourescent but not. It is very dark for the fish but you can still see them very well in their night state. I have thought about keeping plants with them but never tried because you need a very expensive type to give a light out that plants can use. If you have to choose for a planted tank don't go with leds. I am not sure of a wattage formula but try searching leds for plants and i think there might be a version. I still don't think you should use them for plants.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back