What’s new (fish related chat only)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Can you visually identify the hybrids?
Yes. The real wanamensis gets a black extended fringe in its anal fin. The problem is that can take 2 years. My latest generation are just developing that.

There is a lot of orange in the body of the hybrids.

To get mine I had to go through pedigree, via a keeper who had maintained a group from the original wild fish. There are a few breeders like that around, not many.

Freshwater limpet (I accidentally cracked its shell)
116D9179-7858-4C54-8FC1-A6B384D1BF7E.jpeg

I've always wanted some of those to infest my tanks. Some people get all the luck.
They showed up with my new plants :) I’ve also got a lot of cyclops. Sadly my seed shrimp are no longer

I did a water change on my trilineatus tank today, having gotten them back into their comfortable 10 gallon tank. And I found one tiny baby trilineatus cory. There may be more, I had to leave their light on later to get them done and I didn't want to bother them more. I don't know where they lay their eggs. I have never seen an egg

Sadly my seed shrimp are no longer
Oh man... Did they die or something? Sorry if so...
. I don't know where they lay their eggs. I have never seen an egg
Maybe try VERY VERY gently lifting up certain areas that from caves and looking in. You may find the eggs then :)
But I really wouldn't try doing that as it can stress the fish and they won't like you flipping up their caves much, no matter how gentle you are 😅

Maybe try VERY VERY gently lifting up certain areas that from caves and looking in. You may find the eggs then :)
But I really wouldn't try doing that as it can stress the fish and they won't like you flipping up their caves much, no matter how gentle you are 😅
They are happy fish. They had their first baby on flake food, now they get bug bites with a tiny bit of flake for their pet guppy. I'm not going to look for eggs, I trust them. They are good parents

They are happy fish. They had their first baby on flake food, now they get bug bites with a tiny bit of flake for their pet guppy. I'm not going to look for eggs, I trust them. They are good parents
I love my Corys, I really do, but they eat their own eggs, and those caves are probably pantries to them. The wee ones that hatch are probably ones they didn't see. They are cool with fry, in my experience, but eggs live exciting lives in their tanks.

Today I’m wondering why my Grindal Worm cultures are doing so well. I have more than enough to feed all my fish , no mites and they smell good. The original culture has been running for almost three years now and the other ones for two years. Something’s wrong. I never have things work out right for me.

Today I’m wondering why my Grindal Worm cultures are doing so well. I have more than enough to feed all my fish , no mites and they smell good. The original culture has been running for almost three years now and the other ones for two years. Something’s wrong. I never have things work out right for me.
Well its working for now so keep doing whatever youre doing!

My worm cultures got attacked by fungus gnats. I am rebuilding them. If anyone reading this likes breeding fish and hasn't cultured white worms or the smaller grindals, try it. The results are amazing.

When your worm cultures are failing, you have no one talk about it with. It's a lonesome life sometimes.:rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back