What’s new (fish related chat only)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I'm embarrassed. I didn't know how valuable it was and I had java moss take over a tank and I think I tossed it on my compost pile and now I have almost none

My 40g has become a holding tank for plants to sell.
Maybe all these extra plants will get rid of the blue green algae.
611904E1-A332-498A-B1B1-D03FA08A86D2.jpeg

So I fed frozen bloodworms to the betta tank last night. It now has Anakin the betta, two amano shrimp, and two dwarf kuhli loaches that are left over from my Dad's Rice Paddy tank. I did, shall we say, put in a bit more than I intended to :blush:
Today, my clover ferns are all uprooted from some midnight loach spree, presumably in order to get every last speck of bloodworm.
Needless to say, I'm fasting the tank for a couple days... Or longer....

My worm cultures got attacked by fungus gnats. I am rebuilding them. If anyone reading this likes breeding fish and hasn't cultured white worms or the smaller grindals, try it. The results are amazing.

When your worm cultures are failing, you have no one talk about it with. It's a lonesome life sometimes.:rolleyes:
Here’s a little tip on culturing worms. Every so often stir the cultures up really good and don’t feed for a week. This lets them dry out a little bit and eliminates dead spots. Go by the smell. Have several cultures going at once and periodically mix them all together at once in a bucket and refresh with a little new medium. Clean your containers and go again. I do this with my Grindal Worm cultures because I have a plastic cover plate laying directly on the medium that the worms collect on. That cover plate inhibits oxygen getting into the culture so my method gives things a breather.

So 30 years later I'm still using this: cheap, works, probably made for fuel siphoning davros the frugal aquarist

Attachments

• 1677468686717.png
    1677468686717.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 20
So 30 years later I'm still using this: cheap, works, probably made for fuel siphoning davros the frugal aquarist
I remember those from my childhood! Honestly I should get one for my tank (would be better than the tubing I have to suck to get water moving).

Also, fish tank water tastes funny. I think it's all the poop.

Most reactions

Back