What Up With My Nem?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pengy666

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Looked around and cant find anything like this?

Do you think hes ok?

First time ive seen it do this??

He was fed 2 days ago and liked it a lot!!

Tank81a.jpg

He normally looked like this

tank78a.jpg

hmm, you got water stats? How old is the tank? What type of nem is it (sorry if i havent been following your threads :()

All params are well pretty much perfect give or take a little,

Tank is about 2 months old but sump been running for around 3 months now,

Its a purple tip malu

hmm, well would be better if your tank was more mature but we cant speed up maturity. Its not bleaching right? Like its not expelling zooxanthelle or however you spell it. Has anything started eating it like bristle stars and worms? Have you seen any harrasment? Have you changed anything in your tank lately? Did it happen suddenly or did it gradually close up?

At night time when lights have been out for a few hours, take a flashlight and check on it, something could be messing with it in the cover of darkness.

Last but not least, good luck.

I moved nem about a month ago into this tank from my nano which has been running for 10 months and water changes were done on the nano with water from this tank.

That photo is at night lights have been off for about an hour in that pic, No I dont think its bleaching, Ive had nem for around 3 months now.

Fingers crossed

EDIT

Just went and took a qucik look, looks like its opening out again?? weird perhaps like I origanly thought hes just expelling waste?

well lets hope it was just one if its "moments"

BTW its really nice, digging the creamy look of it :) (im talking about the open one not the closed one lol)

yeah I like its colour too, Since its been in the new tank its got even darker/creamier!

would you beleive my wife chose that nem!!

I didnt want one so soon! but I suppose 6months is ok?? I had been reading lots!

... you realize that "collapsing" is a totally natural and healthy way to expel soluble wastes. ;) All malu anemones do it, though some owners don't notice it because it can happen at night. The frequency increases the longer one goes without water changes.

Yeah, that form of collapsing where it pulls its body into its foot is ok. The other form of collapsing where it pushes its foot through its mouth (literally turning itself inside out) is very bad.

It has opened up today but it looks a bit bad round its mouth.
I'm hoping it will be ok. It has detached from the rock it was on and is just sitting on the sand??

It has like bubbley bits from its mouth which looks limp. But it has pooped around an hour or so ago?

The water change is due today? should I crack on and do it still??

GRRR

Im on holiday next week and someone who has no idea is looking after them! giving them a crash course on feeding, topping up and SG checking tomorrow!!

Well hes been fine for last few hours, hes opened out and mouth swelling gone down, He moving too, think he wants more flow??

So I did my water change. Didnt get to see skifletch's response till after I did it!!

Hes doing well,

crossed fingers!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back