What The Biowheel?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JassyR

Reaction score
Already posting again
brows.gif

I picked up my new tank and stuff today (got it secondhand) and the guy had a pump I have yet to experience - Marineland Penguin 350 Bio-Wheel Power Filter. The tank is 55 gal and this pump is rated for 75 gal so that's good, and I of course am going to do some more research, but what is your guy's opionion on them? Are they better then a standard Aqueon HOB filter? Are there any tips and tricks you have for them that I might not find elsewhere? Do the biowheels need to be changed (in your opinion) or can i just leave them as long as their intact like filter pads?
Thanks so much!
-Jasmine

They are OK. I still have one running in one tank. The model you have is the only one I still have. It’s better than the smaller ones. The filters cleans well but the wheels stick. The one I am still using is about 3 years old and has run continuously. It has one wheel still going. Since you got one along with the tank, I suggest trying it out. Some people really like them. I have become a loyal Aqua Clear filter person after trying many. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back