What Should I Do?

jambo1238

New Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Welling, Kent
Here's the problem, I will be going on holiday for 2 weeks soon and I have 3 tanks with fish in at the moment. Two of my tanks will be ok whilst I am gone
as a family member has agreed to feed them every two days for me.

However, my third tank which contains three male Dario Dario's is the problem as they will only accept frozen bloodworm or glassworm. All of my family members are saying that they are too squeamish to defrost a frozen cube. Also knowing my family they would probably drop a whole cube in, even if I told them not to.

So should I give the fish to a LFS just so they don't die or should I leave them for the two weeks without food and hope that they make it through?

Out of curiosity, What would everyone else do?
 
hmm tricky.

the other fish will eat flake and other processed food right? your family'll feed them?

firstly, feed the dario's more often to fatten them up before you go. be careful not to overfeed though.

could you maybe tell your family they'll only need to defrost the food 2 or 3 times a week and that the health and possibly lifes of your darios could depend on it?
 
u could put the cubes in a glass no water, wait till it melts, drain some water out and put it in a auto' feeder,
just add the flakes in aswell :D gd luck
 
I'm not really a fan of auto feeders as I had bad experience on my last holiday. Yeah my other fish will be fine on flake food.

I think I will give them to a LFS just because I hate the thought of them starving and then dying over two weeks, just because I was thinking of myself.

Might actually offer them on the classified section in this website just to see if anyone wants them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top