Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1152x864

• 1280x......

• 1600x......

• Total voters
it depends on the size of your monitor really.the bigger the monitor,the bigger the resolution.

19 inch flat panel.... :drool:

well that tells me it will be quite high lol but not the exact res. kinda helps neway so thanx!

it depends on the size of your monitor really.the bigger the monitor,the bigger the resolution.

well people might not have changed the windows setting from 800x600 or 1024x768 so thats not neccesarily true!

800x600 here
you do know that we have a computer forum now don't you?
perhaps a kind mod will mve this there for you.

1024x768 is what most new sites are built for. And what I build for. Except if I know its mostly webmaster people, then I build for 1280 wide.

Not many people run 800x600 anymore, my server stats show that over the last 20 million unique visitors to my sites that less then 8% had 800x600

thats far to few for me to worry about, they can scroll. lol

I run 2 dell 24" monitors at 1900x1200 each.

1280x1024. I wouldn't bother sizing your site for anything under 1024x768 though as Jeff000 pointed out, it's the "new standard."

I have my monitor set to 1200x1600 and LadyMinion has hers at 1440x900 (widescreen)

So you can get a good idea of what most people are using, Here's the resolution stats for my website for yesterday. My site's quite busy so it gives a good overview of the most popular settings.
resstats.gif

Designing a website for a specific resolution is very bad practice and looks very unprofesional, especially as it's so easy to make one that looks good in any res using tables and/or css.

It's also worth mentioning that 40% of my visitors are now using Firefox, so it's VERY important to make sure that your website is cross-browser compatable.

I try to design my sites to be size-adaptable. Its more difficult to get your images correct and youll need to use spacers, but it gives a better experience for everyone if the site fits the screen perfectly no matter what resolution you use.

You can still have size restricted areas where you need them of course.

Most reactions

Back