What Pets Do You Have?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow! I've come to the right place! It's nice to know I'm not alone in the animal craze that my family just doesn't understand!
The list of no longer with me but always in my heart is this
Pinky-Hamster-first animal ever to have
10 goldfish in a bowl no less had a funeral for each one in Mom's garden
Barney-Field spaniel
Peggy-Doberman x Shepard
Shi-Shi Lhasa Apso
D.O.G. Mutt
Chevy-PitBull
With me now
Tony Montana-Chihauhau x Min Pin
Capone-Pit Bull
Sadie-Pit Bull
Finnigan-Bull Mastiff
Katie-German Shepard
Eragon-Bearded Dragon
34 Goldfish to cycle the tank

YAY I'M NOT THE ONLY PET MAD PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to have:
A lot of fair goldfish (I named them all but forgot after they died (R.I.P))
And a gorgeous little hamster called Hermione, she was my first ever pet and was white with a brown head and brown patches.
4 orandas, Sweetie - white with red head, Fishy Fishy - multi-coloured, Greyla - 'blue' (grey) & Humphrey - multi-coloured.
1 male? variatus platy
I now have:
-Fish (At the moment I only have Variatus platys)
1 big yellow female with a black stripe and red tail (Blacky),
1 smaller silver female with black spots all over (Silver),
1 smaller yellow shimmery female (Shimmer)
1 smaller male who is light pink at the nose and gets darker with black speckles (Speckles)

1 juvenile male who looks identical to Silver (Happy)
1 yellow and speckly female, known only as Number 10 (she was the 10th fry in a litter, she grew up in the main tank unlike her brothers and sisters who were rescued)
Number 1, Number 2, Number 3 etc to Number 9, who look like Number 10 (I don't know which is which - it's in the order I caught them.)
A few more fry of various ages (unnamed)
Other:
2 rabbits, 1 white boy with grey lop ears, a black nose area and black and grey splodges all over (Timothy) and a black girl with sticky up ears (Sagi). Don't worry they've been neutered!

I'd like to have:
A palamino mare horse called Kit-Kat
A syrian hamster called Humphrey
Degi / deguses, gerbils, guinea pigs, more rabbits, flying squirrel / sugar glider, rats, mice, tiger cub (maybe not, is it cruel?), etc
2 catfish
An old-english sheepdog
A jack russel terrier
2 cats
Donkeys
Sheep,
Goats,
Hens,
Miniature shetland,
I'll have thought of some more later!!!

I can't list all the aquarium pets I have had but here is a list of my current pets other than aquarium.

2 Black Labradors (Sweet & Velvet), Look at my pic to see them
1 Chocolate Labrador (Flappy),

Currently:

1 horse (Tilda) since Jun 2011
2 rescue cats (Samson & Delilah) since Jan 2008
2 tropical tanks as per signature

Previously had other horses, dogs, rabbits, budgies, chinchillas, goldfish and of course the obligatory mice, gerbils and many, many hamsters!

I can't list all the aquarium pets I have had but here is a list of my current pets other than aquarium.

2 Black Labradors (Sweet & Velvet), Look at my pic to see them
1 Chocolate Labrador (Flappy),

I can say that my favourite aquatic pet that I have had would probably be my bettas.

I have 3 dogs,One cat and 4 ferrets. The dogs are whippets. One ##meanie##,one dog. I have a lurcher pup ##meanie## who if 14 weeks pld and the missus has the cat. My ferrets are 3 ills one hob.

Pics of the dogs

Eve.
S7300128.jpg

Solo.

261d1095.jpg

One of the ferrets.

S7302999.jpg

And Missie the pup.
photo_zps8f3f79d9.jpg

This is a fun thread. Currently we have:
2 Ferrets named Kate and Ziva. And our fish...2 adult mollies and 4 mollie fry...2 adult guppies and 4 fry.
Previously were owned by dogs, cats, bunnies, mice, guinea pigs, hamsters, cockatiels and budgies.
I really enjoyed my birds and hope to someday have more. We adopted a Tiel from the local humane society and even after quarantine, something happened and the whole flock was wiped out. I didn't necropsy and I wish I had now.
Anyway, making the foray back into fish as I also had them in the past but quite honestly, was not on top of care with them. Doing things different this time round!

I've had tons of fish in the past, a few turtles, a fruit bat, a snake (mom killed him though), a kitten for two weeks, and several dogs. Dixie was my first dog, golden retriever, who died on Feb. 14, 2001 when she was hit by a car, then we got Sunny, my second golden, who died of cancer on September 14, 2010, a pembroke welsh corgi named Buddy who had to go to a new home, my stepmother's dogs' litter of puppies, and several foster pit bulls, as well as Queenie, a beagle/Boston terrier mix.

Currently, I have nine aquariums (only eight filled). Most important are my crowntail betta, Phoenix, and my veil tale betta, King, who is currently recovering from an unexpected case of fin rot.

I have three dogs who live with me, but I'm anticipating a new puppy by October. Ruca, named for the song "Waiting for My Ruca" by Sublime, is our oldest, at ten years. She's a red nose American pit bull. Then Dylan, named for Bob Dylan, at four years. He is a dachshund/Boston terrier. Theodore "Teddy" Bear is youngest at two. He is named after Theodore Roosevelt. He's a disabled beagle/dachshund mix. I got him for Christmas after my Sunny died. My newest puppy shall probably be another female red nose pit, to be named Huxley, after Aldous Huxley.

I wish I had as many pets as most of you as growing up I had a dog: Baby, 2 cats: FLuffy and Casper, 14 gerbils, 2 turtles and a rabbit.  I loved animals but since having my son I am allergic to all furry pets and my son is severely allergic to them so we now have 5 african dwarf frogs, 10 nenos, amano shrimps, assassin snails, nerite snail and cherry shrimp.  We have 3 hermit crabs, a golden gecko , a leopard gecko and my son's 3 year old parrotlet Zozilla who only likes my son but tolerates the rest of us as long as my son is not there. Zozilla will bite us if we get near my son when he is on him, he is like a guard bird.  Thankfully my daughter loves reptiles and my son who is allergic to everything, even the crickets we feed the geckos, is not allergic to his parrotlet:)  I also a a bunch of silk worms and hornworms as feeders but we find them entertaining to watch as well.

In the future, hopefully I can get more hermit crabs as they are addictive.  I would also like another parrotlet and tons more aquariums filled with different species of fish.

I have;

seven tanks
one greyhound, Jack
two guinea pigs, both girls called Fang and Dr Evil (I let my sons name them 
rolleyes.gif
)
one rabbit, Cinders
a small pond with a few goldfish

I have:

2 Tanks: 1 Freshwater, 1 Saltwater
2 Dogs: 1 Miniature Australian Labradoodle, (Reddish Brown)Daisy; 1 Whoodle(Wheaten-Poodle), (Black)Luigi
3 Bunnies: 1 Holland Lop/Mini Rex Mix, Summer(Multicolor/White, Black, Brown); 1 Mini Rex, (White with Brown spots)Baby; 1 Lionhead, (Brown/Chestnut)Cleo
1 Leopard Gecko, Triton
1 Betta, Barbie(and it's a boy)
1 Comet Goldfish, Max

Past Pets:
COUNTLESS Fish
2 Alaskan Malamutes, Kula and Taki
2 Bunnies, Mini Rex, Hazel and Shadow(Brown)
2 Leopard Geckos, Butch and Bandit
3 Green Tree Frogs, Tiny, Beans, and Kinkajou
4 Anoles, 2 Green, Jelly and Toast, 2 Brown, Jam and Dragon

Think that's about it.

I currently have:
A dog- miniature fox terrier (not my fav, she is technically my grandmothers dog)
A horse- Lucy my lovely paint filly
3 cats- onyx, crystal and ceoco
11 male bettas
11 female bettas
Around 50 convict cichlids atm
2 BPs- Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

I've had a crazy amount of animals in the past... The list is shorter now than it's ever been.

Right now we have 2 dogs, Sandy and Rusty (Sandy half St. Bernard, half Husky, Rusty some golden retriever and whatever else), 2 cats (Marbles and Peach), and a water dragon named Commander Cool.

Sandy

Sandy and Rusty

Commander Cool

1 Labrador retriever (Mollie <3)
3 hermit crabs (Merlin, Nellie, Shellie)
1 hamster (Mia)
1 Russian Tortoise (Myrtle)
1 Betta (Galadriel, from the Lord of the Rings)
19 Community fish (4 Corys, 11 Neon Tetras, 2 Serpae Tetras, 2 Platys; plan on getting more Corys & Serpae Tetras soon)

Oh mah gosh! Thats crazy I only have a betta fish and a dog (coco). You guys have like 40 pets!?!?!?!?!?
I would post a larger picture but it said the file is too large to attach.
ITS A GIRL.. (for those of you that were gonna say HE'S so cute)

Attachments

• 20121227_152116-1-1.jpg
    20121227_152116-1-1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 120

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back