What kind of singular fish can I have with mystery snails?

Maddie Dalsing

New Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Points
3
Location
Tulsa, OK
So I have a 5 gallon snail tank, zero fish and just mystery snails, I’ve been considering getting one fish to put in, I was thinking a Betta but I don’t want anything aggressive hurting my snails. (But are Betta aggressive towards snails? I don’t know, I know goldfish are) They’re my babies. I also don’t want more than one fish, so like the kind of fish that need to be in a group is a no. I also know that a goldfish is a definite no because they will hurt the snails. So what else is there that’s pretty, doesn’t need a group of other fish, and isn’t aggressive towards snails?
 

Attachments

  • 8A9EC764-BCDB-4FDE-BCF1-836DA5D0BD95.webp
    8A9EC764-BCDB-4FDE-BCF1-836DA5D0BD95.webp
    290.2 KB · Views: 236
A betta is probably your only option for a singular fish, Ive noticed they wil pick at really tiny snails, but unless you want to keep every Last one of those babies then A betta would work, personally I would do a couple male guppies or a group of 4-6 male endlers
 
So I have a 5 gallon snail tank, zero fish and just mystery snails, I’ve been considering getting one fish to put in, I was thinking a Betta but I don’t want anything aggressive hurting my snails. (But are Betta aggressive towards snails? I don’t know, I know goldfish are) They’re my babies. I also don’t want more than one fish, so like the kind of fish that need to be in a group is a no. I also know that a goldfish is a definite no because they will hurt the snails. So what else is there that’s pretty, doesn’t need a group of other fish, and isn’t aggressive towards snails?
You mentioned goldfish? I hope you do know goldfish and betta fish need completely different environments.
 
You could consider some small fish like guppies. I just noticed you have a 5 gallon tank so 6-8 ember tetras I think would be too many.
 
Last edited:
No tetras in a 5G. They need more swimming length. My bettas don’t seem to bother my snails but they may eat babies when I’m not looking.
 
Guppies will work but you need at least 6 or more.
 
Guppies really need more swimming space too. About the only thing in a 5G will be a betta. Perhaps a female betta would be less aggressive. Each betta has its own personality and it just depends. A 5G tank is just too tiny for anything else. Have you considered a few red cherry shrimp?
 
Guppies really need more swimming space too. About the only thing in a 5G will be a betta. Perhaps a female betta would be less aggressive. Each betta has its own personality and it just depends. A 5G tank is just too tiny for anything else. Have you considered a few red cherry shrimp?
What about Kuhli loaches?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top