What Is Your Favourite Gourami

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gouramis and plecos are my favs. I have a 260 litre aquarium full of these. I have kept a gourami tank for the past 20 + years. My absolute fav have always been the Pearls.. They are stunning to look at and are so, so peaceful. At the moment I have pearls, opaline, gold, moonlight and lavender. The lavender and moonlight are lovely fish. The opaline and gold can be a bit stroppy and territorial. You just can't go wrong with the Pearls!

i have had many gouramis, including golden, 3 spotted, pearl, red robin, and honey gourami,

and by far iv found that honeys are my favourite. they are so cool i love them to bits x

:rip: rip faith x

Once the tank is ready, I'll be buying a little group of Spik Tail Gouramis/Paradise Fish. They're small, kind of rare in the region I live in, and are pretty calm!

My favourite is the gold gourami because of its interactiveness. As soon as you get the camera out it will come to the front and start posing.

My least favourite is the moonlight gourami because me and my dad got one with a 60l, then set up a 240l planted aquarium (about 2 hours work). Within a day of moving him there he had put more than half the plants on the surface

That :fish: = :devil:

Locker

Personally I really like the Pearl Gourami - they were one of the fish fish I bought when setting up my tank (back went I was 13!) and still have a few in my tank to this day (sadly not the same ones lol)

BANDED GOURAMI :lol:
Because it's the only one I have ever owned and he is Awesome and his girl freind we brought for him is...nice too.
however she kinda pales in comparison to him :shifty:

A few weeks ago I got my first gourami. It's a pearl gourami and I have to say that I am completely smitten! It was so tiny when I brought it home that I wasn't even sure if it was male or female. But now that it's more than doubled in size it's obvious that the fish is male... and he's absolutely gorgeous! He's colouring up really well (beautiful orange throat and feelers and very irridescent blue 'pearl' spots).
He's also got a great personality... very laid back and peaceful. He glides effortlessly around the tank... top, middle and bottom and has a great appetite. Can't wait til he's fully grown as his colour just keeps getting more and more vibrant.

ive had pearl , dwarf and blue.
im smitten with male dwarf for his colour & fast purposeful swimming through the tank. and the laps he used to do around the tank magnet and bit of wood up against the glass,
my female pearl was up upside down & stuck for 10hours 2 days ago after medication.she's holding in there really well, i increased tank current and airation and hand fed her yesterday , now shes really dark and still has very slight balance problem but with those 4 inch feelers shes able to catch herself and right herself before she tips more than 20 degrees.
dwarf is soooo kind to her, he sits beside her, they both used to chase each other but not now thats shes sick.
I'd love to get another but i dont want any bullying till she back to normal.
i have a feeling shes gonna make it.
the pearl is such a graceful fish.

My female dwarf,
she's like the mother of all my fish, whenever a new fish comes along she always says hello and swims around with it.
She also has taught the male dwarf not to bully the other fish.
She's just so cool! :rolleyes:

My Fav Dwarf Gourami-Colisa lalia although they tend to have a low survival rate!

Definatley My Golden Gourami.

When I got it, It was just a tiny little bugger, Now its gotta be about 4 Inches, he's gotten HUGE.

He's easy to take care of, Fights with my silver dollar a lot, though :crazy:

my favourite fish are honey gouramis and i have just got 3 as my passed 3 died through an illness in my tank, which has cleared up well now.

i love the males colours when breeding and i love their little personalities, mine are a bit shy at the mo and have an unidentified spot on their head, which hopefully should be cured for soon when i know what it is (im guessing a fungus which im treating for at the moment) but once they become more confident and are better, then i cant wait for them to be their normal selves. :hyper:

beutiful fish x :drool:

Most reactions

Back