What is your favorite love song?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm listening away learning about all you lost and directionless youth. I think you've hijacked the thread - not many love songs there.. Polo G jumps out as interesting though.

I'm listening away learning about all you lost and directionless youth. I think you've hijacked the thread - not many love songs there.. Polo G jumps out as interesting though.
Yah never even heard of him lol

Still this wins out: When A Man Loves A Woman!
Tough to beat that magnificent ballad by the late, great Percy Sledge.
Runners up are:
1. Because - The Dave Clark Five.
2. Love is all around - The Troggs. Yes, the guitar was out of tune...even with itself but that adds so much character to the song!
Any musicians out there?

This has to be one of the saddest love songs ever. At least I consider it a love song. Eric Clapton wrote it in dedication to his son Conor that died falling out of a 53rd floor high rise window. Conor was 4 years old.

Way back when Eric Clapton and Duane Allman got together in 1969 or 1970 to become probably the best guitar pair to ever exist forming the band Derik And The Dominoes. Duane was another death for Clapton as he died in 1971 in a motorcycle accident. At that time their best known song was probably Layla. Clapton is a picker type guitarist while Allman was considered one of the best slide guitarists ever. The second half of the song is instrumental and shows off the amazing blend they made. Layla is a love song in hard rock format.... Well the first half is hard rock.

Last edited:
At that time their best known song was probably Layla. Clapton is a picker type guitarist while Allman was considered one of the best slide guitarists ever. The second half of the song is instrumental and shows off the amazing blend they made. Layla is a love song in hard rock format.... Well the first half is hard rock.
Layla was George Harrison's wife, just to spice up the trainwreck love story of that song. That's one of the problems with love songs - the song lasts but the love is generally fleeting. Or fictional. A lot of them can be generic.
Try "Heroes" by David Bowie. It reworks an old style of poetry quite intelligently.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back