What is your favorite love song?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

How?

You should give him a listen, one of my favorite artists
It was love songs, not interesting 100 song playlists. I appreciated the playlist, but it was not what the OP was asking about.

Tough to beat that magnificent ballad by the late, great Percy Sledge.
Runners up are:
1. Because - The Dave Clark Five.
2. Love is all around - The Troggs. Yes, the guitar was out of tune...even with itself but that adds so much character to the song!
Any musicians out there?
I am a bass player. I’m having trouble finding one of me on stage with my band though.

Attachments

• D8F6FD71-8B85-43D8-A074-C2C9B815A337.jpeg
    D8F6FD71-8B85-43D8-A074-C2C9B815A337.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 31
This has to be one of the saddest love songs ever. At least I consider it a love song. Eric Clapton wrote it in dedication to his son Conor that died falling out of a 53rd floor high rise window. Conor was 4 years old.

Way back when Eric Clapton and Duane Allman got together in 1969 or 1970 to become probably the best guitar pair to ever exist forming the band Derik And The Dominoes. Duane was another death for Clapton as he died in 1971 in a motorcycle accident. At that time their best known song was probably Layla. Clapton is a picker type guitarist while Allman was considered one of the best slide guitarists ever. The second half of the song is instrumental and shows off the amazing blend they made. Layla is a love song in hard rock format.... Well the first half is hard rock.
Wow Eric Clapton definitely brings back the memories of the song Wonderful Tonight!

I have locked this thread pending cleanup of numerous shared songs that contain language inappropriate for the forum. If you share embedded media or some streamable link, the content needs to be family friendly and follow the rules of the forum.

Ok, I'm about to open the thread back up after this post of mine. Keep it clean! If you wouldn't be able to post the text of the song lyrics here without violating the rules regarding swearing, slurs, etc., then you shouldn't be embedding media of it in a post. I would also discourage posting entire playlists for the same reason. If the things being posted go out of bounds again, the thread may get perma-locked and/or just deleted.

If the song curses, post the clean version if there is one available:)

If the song curses, post the clean version if there is one available:)
I would say just don't post those at all please in the interest of not having things step over the line again. We don't accept things like asterix-ing out swearing here and that's basically what some "clean" versions do where they only cut out the last half of the word. If the inappropriate language is still obvious even if not audible, give it a miss and find something else to share.

I would say just don't post those at all please in the interest of not having things step over the line again. We don't accept things like asterix-ing out swearing here and that's basically what some "clean" versions do where they only cut out the last half of the word. If the inappropriate language is still obvious even if not audible, give it a miss and find something else to share.
Ah ok. So only REAL cleaned up versions. No bleep outs. The word would have to be replaced to be acceptable.
Makes sense

Layla was George Harrison's wife, just to spice up the trainwreck love story of that song. That's one of the problems with love songs - the song lasts but the love is generally fleeting. Or fictional. A lot of them can be generic.
Try "Heroes" by David Bowie. It reworks an old style of poetry quite intelligently.
Thanks for the fill-in on Layla. I knew she was with one of the Beatles but didn't remember which and didn't consider it important. :)

Back in the 70s when I was a aprtner in a sound comopany we were friends with folks who did lighting at shows. When they were short handed handed i would sometime run a spot for them during the main act and sometimes they let me do the stage mix for th warm-up act. I ran a spot of an Orleans show. This was one of their best know hit sonhs and it is a love song

And who can forget this one?

I could spend then next few hours posting love tunes. But I think I have done enough? OK just one more......

Last edited:
Ok, I'm about to open the thread back up after this post of mine. Keep it clean! If you wouldn't be able to post the text of the song lyrics here without violating the rules regarding swearing, slurs, etc., then you shouldn't be embedding media of it in a post. I would also discourage posting entire playlists for the same reason. If the things being posted go out of bounds again, the thread may get perma-locked and/or just deleted.
Was unaware, my apologies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back