What is this orange stuff?

Tacocat2

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Joined
May 28, 2021
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
684
Points
113
Location
Ontario
I was looking at the tank when I saw this behind the driftwood. I picked it up and asked my brother what it was- he said it was bloodworm, but I'm doubtful. Is this some sort of mold or mold growing on food?
 

Attachments

  • IMG-2642.webp
    IMG-2642.webp
    80.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG-2644.webp
    IMG-2644.webp
    181.8 KB · Views: 138
It's not bloodworms, they are red and thin and have legs on the front part of the body. They also live on the bottom of the tank.

No idea what the orange stuff is but it's interesting. Leave it in the tank and document it. You might have a cool orange algae or something else.
 
It's not bloodworms, they are red and thin and have legs on the front part of the body. They also live on the bottom of the tank.

No idea what the orange stuff is but it's interesting. Leave it in the tank and document it. You might have a cool orange algae or something else.
Well according to my brother, it was a dried bloodworm, and when he put it back in the tank, the ramshorn ate it anyway
 

Most reactions

Back
Top