What Is This Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nortonmad213

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i recently bought this fish from the my LFS and the guy working there was new and was unsure as to its dietary requirements etc. i have started growing some algae and atm i have been feeding a mix of live food and sinking pellets.
is this ok or should i change?
thanks in advance 

Attachments

• fishy.jpg
    fishy.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 43
will need better pictures then that. I would lean most towards a hillstream loach or species of garra. Its hard to tell but the pectoral fins look to big to be a pleco or CAE.

Does look like a Chinese Algae Eater to me... definitely not a Plec.

I agree it looks to be a hillstream loach. But im not sure i would like a better picture from an anhle were i can see its side or top

tank is a 20 gallon.
sorry about the picture, it sure is shy lol.
i think he called it a gecko loach, but he seemed unsure of that himself so unsure whether to trust that

is this what he'll look like?
any way to sex it?
what size will they grow to etc.

nortonmad213 said:
is this what he'll look like?
any way to sex it?
what size will they grow to etc.
no does this look like him? ii have no clue what it is, its your fish.

well thats helpful, im here asking what fish it is as i dont know.
your reply,
your fish you tell us.

He did not mean it that way, he posted the picture for you to see if its similar to your fish now.

You need to reply, sort of looks like it but fatter or got a longer fin or shorter, darker in colour, eye colour sometimes helps, stays on bottom of tank or does he go on the glass and stays there with a sucker mouth etc all that sort of thing.

That will help us with clues as to what to look for and to identify what species of fish you have.

A better picture will be a great start if you can as your first pic is too blurry and too vague for us and a detailed description as well as behaviour might help as well.

sorry i didnt mean to sound rude, just been having a bad time recently. didnt mean to take it out on you, 
they (i have two) mainly hide inside the log all day until its feeding time then they scuttle out and swim hunting for food, 
im sorry about the poor quality of picture its really quite difficult to keep them out long enough to get a guddun,
il keep trying and keep you posted,

Not rude at me, at ncguppy. 
tongue2.gif
 We all have bad days and I can understand your frustrations.

But not to worry, can you give any descriptions at all in regards to behaviour and physical appearances of your 2 fish, have a look on google or something and try to find a pic thats similar or the even same as what you have in your tank. 

That might help a lot.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back