What Is The Most Humane Way To Kill A Fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I don't understand why someone would kill a fish because they cant house it anymore..

Any fish would rather be in a 20g tank then dead for no reason.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a LFS somewhere near you to take it.. big chain stores often don't take fish, but privately owned ones really should.
 
Any fish would rather be in a 20g tank then dead for no reason.


Not really. If a fish was at a stage that it would normally grow very rapidly, keeping in a small tank could stunt it's growth, and possibly kill it anyway by a painful death.

If you have to put it down, many people on this forum have used the cold water method. If it won't fit in a bowl, use a bucket or a bathtub. Just make sure the water is very very cold. Put as much ice as you can into it.

Best of Luck!

-Leah
 
:/ I wonder where SG-1 went.... I'm still waiting to see what's the future for this little fishy :look: .

~ Wonderboy!
 
:/ I wonder where SG-1 went.... I'm still waiting to see what's the future for this little fishy :look: .

~ Wonderboy!

Im still here, just dont usually have the time to get on untill night:) I have good news for everyone here, it looks like I have found a home for the little pangasis cat:) One of the guys at work said he had a tank for him so Ill be driving him over there on Sunday, Ill let you guys know how the transition goes:)
 
lol!!! :rofl: this topic is making me laghf sooo hard!!! not to be crul and all, it HELARIOUS!!!!!

Slowly add alchohol to his tank untill he passes out, add more then to kill him.

umm, that kinda burns them you know that? if you got a gun, pellet gun, anything thats strong enough, just shoot it in the head. way easier than cutting its head off :sick:

A FRIGGING GUN? LOL!!! DRUNK FISH? LOLer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I actually had to do this today with a platy that was beaten by his tankmates, and couldn't swim, was caved in on one side. I filled a cup with icecubes, and cold water from the tap. Poor guy was gone in 10 seconds or less. Left him in a bit extra to make sure but I can confirm it works fairly quick (as sad as it is).
 
@Geoff; Old thread indeed. I figured I might as well comment while it was at the top though.
 
The blame goes to hihi lol, didn't even notice. It's the second time I did this....so what ever happened to the fish?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back
Top