what is the little red tag after the forum name, on a post… it seems to flicker, and most I’ve noticed are either a 1 or a 2???

I think the only alert I've had is about reaching 30 and the red thing turning blue. It could be worth messaging one of the admins (dascrow or veraderock) to ask them if there's any way to turn the notifications off for this.
 
Every 10-day milestone seems to alert the member. I will admit I didn't think the streak system would have caused complications on the forum. There are many sites that have this system in place.
 
I see several blue tags now ( though I did not get a notice, that I graduated ) any idea what happens next, after blue???

After blue, your computer will catch on fire and explode.
IMG_0826.gif
 
Last edited:
Clearly the streak system is not working properly. I intentionally skipped a day and yet my steak is blue. My streak now is actually one day. But my dot is Blue. May be I will try staying off the site for a few days to see if that turns my streak to ! when I do return.

This is a dumb feature to begin with but the fact that it is not working properly makes it worthless. To quote Forest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does."
 
It is working correctly. There is a forgiving grace period built in to the system. It may have defaulted to more than one day :)
 
Also, I got a notice if I did not sign onto the site yesterday I would loose my streak, That is a lie, I have not logged one for several days and is has not reverted to a red dot saying 1 day.

Management, please remove this feature or at least allow members to disable this function as it really is dumb. I can choose not to participate in any of the contests on e the site and not to vote in them either. I am not nor have I ever been a fan of the site contests anywhere. I consider them to be a bad idea and always have. The fact that so gew enter and very few vote should be a clue to their lack of popularity. But one has the option not to participate.

I wish the dots offered members the same choice. I think for the time being that the only thread I will post in is the weekend musical treat.

If you need my help with cycling issues you should send me a site PM and I will respond that way.
 
There are very strong reactions to a minor inconvenience here. Yes, I dislike the feature, but if you join the site and see it, it isn't a big deal. I like nice clean lines and minimal clutter, plus I'm not motivated by scores like that - quite the opposite. But if the forum owners want this feature - they do pay for the forum after all, and could pull the plug as so many other forums have.

I've stopped noticing it. That's a better strategy.
 
Anybody that doesn't want to see the streaks can send me a DM and I'll set their account to not show it.

Edit: Nevermind, I just disabled it, not worth the complaints. Sorry for anyone that enjoyed it :(
 
Last edited:

Most reactions

Back
Top