what is the little red tag after the forum name, on a post… it seems to flicker, and most I’ve noticed are either a 1 or a 2???

We grow gills :fish:
 
@MattW … what time is it in Manchester??? in the center of the US not many are awake yet, and it’s still early on the east coast…
 
11:10 here 🇬🇧
 
I see several blue tags now ( though I did not get a notice, that I graduated ) any idea what happens next, after blue???
At some point I assume it'll change colour again and there'll be a new 'title' but I have no idea of what number or what the next colour is.

When I logged in this morning there was a notification in the bell icon 'alert' button next to my user name telling me "Streak milestone: 30 consecutive days! Keep the flame alive"
 
I loathe that stalking feature. If I weren't a moderator I'd take a day off just to stop the 'get a life meter'. I don't care if it turns into a rainbow and spits coelecanths - I don't like it. I had the same message as Essjay, but I want to smother that flame.

Ahem. I'm a legitimate grumpy old man.

Oh, and time wise, @Magnum Man , Matt is four hours ahead of here, and you're two hours behind.
 
If you need I can get the lottery numbers for you :lol:
 
W.C. Fields said exactly what that idiotic red/blue dot is. I have to alter it a bit so it will not be censored.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with b s.”

And that is exactly what it is. In this day and age there are more bells and whistles than meaningful information or usefull things.

I see I am at 27 days. I plan to stay off the site for a day if it hits 29 to make sure the dot never goes blue. Maybe I will start logging one only every other day to see how long I can keep it at 1.

I can be as silly about this sort of stuff as management is being :fun:
 
Let’s be patient……and see what comes next. Maybe a free fish, fish tank, glo in the dark dot, strobe light…..? :hyper: Or perhaps admin is playing dot Twister with our red, blue, and soon to be yellow and green dots of the future. :banana: Got a yellow dot? …..”Go fish”

🔴🔵🟣🟢🟡🟠 =s Who cares?

As long as this site functions nicely as it does, they can have all the monitoring devices/gismos they want. When I get on, I really do appreciate TFF’s having no log on hassles that other sites seem to frequently have and nice easy user-friendly postings of pics and vids that TFF has.:nod:
 
My spot has turned blue. It looks much nicer, almost debonair. So now I have to visit every single day to keep that ugly version from reappearing!
 
I made it a point not to log into the site yesterday so I would not hit the 30 number yet it did do anyway. So much for the system. So I will be back Monday and will not post the musical treat this weekend.
 
Please can you turn off the enforced notifications about it - or allow an option to disable.
I only have notifications for things I actually want to look at, and this one popping up evry day I don't check in is really annoying. I do not define myself by how many consecutive days I visit a site.
 
I don't know if this would work, but in account -> settings -> preferences, in the alert section at the bottom of the page is "your streak is about to end" and the box can be unticked. Worth a try.
 
I already unticked that. Then this morning it decided to send an alert to congratulate me on how many days I completed :mad:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top