What Have You Achieved Today?

MBOU

Recovering LFS Worker
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
:nod: I thought we needed a thread like this!

There have been a lot of threads about negative stuff and ranting, but no threads about what is good with your life.

It has been proven that if someone thinks about three positive things that have happened/been achieved every day and how/why they happened, that these people gain a far more positive outlook on life and begin to strive to achieve more. It also lifts the mood, slowly but surely and can help improve mood in a lasting way by changing the way you look at yourself and life.

I am in love with learning about Cognitive Psychology lol. I have spent a year of my life in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and now I am learning all about it from the other side and its fascinating! To see the results in myself and then to learn how it came about.

So what have you achieved today that has made you happy or feel positive? It can be the most insignificant thing in the world, so long as it means something to you!

For me, today:

- I got up and have got on with coursework despite the fact that for the first time in ages, I am home alone and could potentially have ignored my work and slept for hours more.

- I figured out how to change the tv and computer settings to allow me to play music through our surround system and it is epic! For a technophobe, i impress myself!

- I am not as far behind with my coursework as I thought I was! Today I have finished my essay plan and my introduction already!

:flex:

So how about you? What have you achieved today? Are you brave enough to take up the challenege of thinking of three positive things you have achieved in a day, every day for at least a week?

:good:

- I finished a huge essay for my History homework :nerd:
- Cleaned out both of my fish tanks :kana:
- Made a start on my English essay about a statue... -_-

But the thing I'm most proud of...

- I Managed to actually get out of bed for school when my alarm went off at 6am :hyper:

Nice thread idea MBOU!

It is only 9 AM in the US, so I'm sure I will have accomplished much more exciting things by dinner. I would like to start my day with positive thinking now though...

-I gave my soon to be 3 year old a healthy breakfast of fruit and yogurt. No nasty processed foods or unhealthy sugars.

-I spent 30 minutes this morning cuddling my 2 kids when they came in the room when I normally hop up and rush into the day.

-I have homemade bread in the oven to go with our meals today. :drool:

Well done, both of you!

I have failed today :rolleyes: I'm supposed to be making Cornish piskies, and water changing the silvertips but have done nothing *sighs*

At least I've walked the dog!

Well Flutter!! You still have hours left to achieve those things! Or at least something else worth noting :)

You water change those poor fishies! It wont take you long at all! Cant comment on the Cornish piskies as i have no idea what they are! *goes off to google them*...

Well... Iv just walked the dog (and got COMPLETELY soaked doin it).
I wrote down a whole bunch of guitar tab for my student tonight (my 1st and only student)
And after my lesson, I'm going to clean my tank (even though of was meant to b done last night, but there was football on :) )

An other thing, my baby daughter managed to stand up by herself this morning, which was really nice to see!

Great idea for a thread by the way.... I'm always telling my wife to be more positive, to think of good things that happen and not negative stuff. Glad I'm not the only person who thinks this way.

Peace amigos :D

G

Well... Iv just walked the dog (and got COMPLETELY soaked doin it).
lol, I managed to sneak out in between showers, so; lucky me, unlucky you!

An other thing, my baby daughter managed to stand up by herself this morning, which was really nice to see!
Aww, bless, that is a great thing :D Well done Gary's daughter! You'll be chasing her round Tesco in no time at all ;)

I've water changed the silvertips now and will attempt to get on with some piskies while chatting with my mum when she comes over later, so the day is not lost!

oooh I like this thread. Life has too many negative things in it these days! So, what have I achieved today ...

I got up and walked the dog despite feeling rubbish when I woke up

I went to work for my local hospice and we made lots of lovely money to help look after lots of poorly people - this is something that makes me very proud. I don't get paid for this work. I do it to help and for love :wub: :D

Thats wonderful :lol: Everyone seems to be achieving a lot, even those having a laid back day are achieving lots :)

Lots of people reading the post but have nothing to say! Come on people!! :good:

I helped deliver a baby this morning (at work) then came home and slept until evening time...I will make dinner and make a to do list, to actually accomplish something tomorrow!

Hi Blur! You need to be posting more girl! How's the tank?

Well it's early today so I haven't done much yet but drag myself out of bed and get to work 20 mins late lol - I'll check back later once I've done something useful :fun:

The tank is doing really well! I should make an update post about it since I wouldn't be here today...stress free without this board! It's going well, water is great, no fish losses, and things are starting to look nice! Just having a little trouble with my plants, but I think I'm working it out!

That's good to hear :D

Well I don't know if this is an achievement, but I'm feeling pretty good because I've finally reached my final stocking plan for my tank (plus a few rasboras that will go to someone else when I can catch them :p). It feels good!

:lol:

I was able to remain calm after receiving some badly packaged fish who got ich and a fungal problem. Normally I freak out and panic and hover.....etc.

This time I stayed calm and by tomorrow I think it will be crisis adverted and a 4 days of extra treatment to be sure.

I have to say, I did notice how non-psycho you were! Well done! The meds are working then?
hehe.gif

(can I have some?)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back