What Fishes You Would Never Have?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

African Butterfly Fish! Just... Looks... VILE!
A fish that looks like a moth and has lots of spiky-looking appendages... I WANT!
5287392863_4d7d315bb9.jpg

African Butterfly Fish! Just... Looks... VILE!
A fish that looks like a moth and has lots of spiky-looking appendages... I WANT!
5287392863_4d7d315bb9.jpg

Haha. I can see the attraction. But imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing that floating round the top of your tank :crazy:
I guess I just like spiky / creepy looking creatures. Moths included. Especially the giant ones that would be as big as a sparrow. X))

That fish isn't even nearly as creepy as blind cavefish. (although those aren't exactly giving me the chills... what would give me the chills would be a leech or some eyeless fish with a sucker mouth and a snake-like body, I forgot what those are... lampreys?)

Ah yes, lampreys... they look like they came from a nightmare. *shudder*!
Lamprey%20Eel%20sturgeon.jpg

Lamprey.jpg

They're coming for us!

They ate truly disgusting! Nightmares tonight now haha
Upon further research, I found out they DO have eyes.
But that MOUTH! o_O I'd be getting a chainsaw and to make way through these if I saw them coming at me.
In the event that I cannot find a chainsaw... and one of those bites me, I'd probably use my shoe. If that's not available, at least I've got hands.

EDIT: Upon even more research, I don't find them as creepy when I see them from the sides.
Brook_lamprey.jpg

european_brook_lamprey_1.jpg

^This one actually looks funny.
But that mouth...

Ok... looks like the only creatures to stay on my hate list (and I mean HATE) are maggots. Especially those dropped by flies.
*leaves food unattended, comes back to find out stupid fat #17##### fly dropped her offspring on it* *goes like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! @ fly*

I can never see myself owning the bigger aquarium fish like Aro's & Oscars.
Discus aren't that much of an appeal to me at the moment, so don't know whether i'd keep them in the future.

However, I'd love the keep a shoal of Saltwater Goatfish in a huge marine tank.

I can never see myself owning the bigger aquarium fish like Aro's & Oscars.
Discus aren't that much of an appeal to me at the moment, so don't know whether i'd keep them in the future.

However, I'd love the keep a shoal of Saltwater Goatfish in a huge marine tank.
Chuck Norris has Great White Sharks in his fish tank... and you don't want Oscars. o_O

I don't think I mentioned them before, but silver/bala sharks.

I mean, just why? Of all the beautiful, colourful fish in the world, why would anyone want something that's grey? Ok, it's a silvery grey, but grey none the less. Dull, dull, dull!

I mean, just why? Of all the beautiful, colourful fish in the world, why would anyone want something that's grey? Ok, it's a silvery grey, but grey none the less. Dull, dull, dull!
Maybe some like to think "Ooh, I have a shark in my tank!"
Or they just like those black fins and their funny faces.

lol, yeah, those kinds of people probably think it really IS a shark as well :rolleyes:

Or they just like those black fins
Oh, yes, I'd forgotten about the black fins...grey and black...wooo, such a thrilling variety of colour :blink:

and their funny faces.
Are their faces funny? They just look sort of vacant and in a perpetual state of shock to me!

lol, yeah, those kinds of people probably think it really IS a shark as well :rolleyes:

Or they just like those black fins
Oh, yes, I'd forgotten about the black fins...grey and black...wooo, such a thrilling variety of colour :blink:

and their funny faces.
Are their faces funny? They just look sort of vacant and in a perpetual state of shock to me!
Doesn't really look like a shark anyway, no idea what they really are (saw somewhere around here their true name, but can't be bothered to look).
That permanently shocked face makes me find it funny, but they're just not something I'd keep. Doesn't seem to fit with my personality, nor with my tank size.

Ughh...this thread makes it so hard to decide what fish to get for my 10gal! Once I get rid of my stupid betta i wanna populate my tank with some nice fish.

Im not really into bigger cichlids, prefer a variety of fish, one fish in a tank just bores me a little

I have to agree with you there, cichlids have never interested me very much because I like a variety.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back