What Fish Do You Regret Buying?

anewbie

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
A synodontis many years ago. It disappeared from view as soon as I put it into my tank and I Never saw it again until it’s rotting corpse revealed itself a couple of years later. I didn’t know they were nocturnal! Kuhli loaches were also pretty disappointing.
I have two 29 setup near each other. In one i see the kuhli once every 3 or 4 months; in the other i see them daily (during the day); they really are unpredictable. Like wise my synodontis would hang out in the open during the day but died after i added some diseased oto. I tried to replace him but none of the others i tried would hang out during the day.

Ridgerunner

Reaction score
I regret buying my three spot/golden/sunset/???? gouramis. Not only do they chase one another, they chase smaller fish as well. They just chase, don't fight. I'm tempted to turn them in for something else. They are beautiful, but a pain in the derriere.

Herpin Man

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Blood fin tetras. I recently bought a group of them, and within days, all of my black tetras died. There was no sign of actual disease, but they all had problems swimming before they died. I think it was stress.
The blood fins are neat, but I would have rather had my black tetras.

Attenbruh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My bristle nose plecos. They are hardly ever seen and just another thing to feed. Although they aren’t fish, I also bought Malaysian Trumpet Snails in my early days. Who does that? A normally reputable guy on another forum told me to get them since I had added sand as my substrate in a tank. Now they are everywhere!
I bought a really rare and expensive BN who had a hole in its head. I wanted to get her so I could help her and within a week I watched her slowly die of a disease that cause the hole.

Most reactions