What Does Everyones Family Think Of Your Fish Addiction/hobby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyones family, or the people you live with think about your never ending love for your fishies.

Do they support it or think your out of your mind?

I know mine doesnt understand it at all and they especially hate how much money I "waste" away on supplies and stock but I cant help it :drool: its an addiction.... When ever I do something new in the tanks or add new fish I wish they could enjoy it as much as I but they dont care one bit and just shrug around like nothings happened :(

I was just wondering what everyones family, or the people you live with think about your never ending love for your fishies.

Do they support it or think your out of your mind?

I know mine doesnt understand it at all and they especially hate how much money I "waste" away on supplies and stock but I cant help it :drool: its an addiction.... When ever I do something new in the tanks or add new fish I wish they could enjoy it as much as I but they dont care one bit and just shrug around like nothings happened :(
well my family dont have a clue they make out my tanks understocked, they say that algae is caused by not cleaning it, they say i need to strip my tank down every week, they reckon my rio 125 is a monstrosity. they think i dont need to dose CO2 and ferts, they think i need to feed 3 times a day, they think i spend to much i could go on

My family think i'm a nutter and hate spending money on it, I always persuade my dad out of some $$$ though, he kept fish as a child and knows a little bit about them. Hehe. I do get bored but once I add new fish or ornaments or anything I get straight back into it.

Luckily, my better half enjoys the hobby too which is why he doesn't mind me having so many tanks.
Sadly, my daughters think I'm a real fish geek!

kinda swings too and fro with me and my g/f 1 min she into it the next shes kicking off about it any time either of our family come round they love it

they think im a nutter =[

not going well

they...cost too much money...take up to much room... I look at them to much....care too much

i could go on!

no one in my house paticularly understands, its really frustrating!!

my dad kinda understands but he doesnt under stand why i spend so much on the and why I pay so much for ADA substrate and ferts but I enjoy them so i didnt think it really matters

lol. they think im absolutely nutty. every time they come top my house theres another tank set up, and they keep hetting bigger. that always tell me i should just fill the bottom level of my house with water and swim with my fish.

...if only i could. lol

kinda swings too and fro with me and my g/f 1 min she into it the next shes kicking off about it any time either of our family come round they love it

When I got my cichlid, my girlfriend thought it was really cute and named her Lucy. But then the next second I mentioned I am going to be getting a bigger tank and she just rolls her eyes at me...lol.

She is on and off about the idea.
Oh well...

I love it! :good:

-FHM

wor lass dont mind (she bought my two tanks) she dont mind what i spend on them as long as its something i need,
only thing that drives her mad is if she is watching her soaps an i but in with do you think this fish looks ok or have a look what this shrimp is doing,Drives her nuts :hyper:
but thats life in the when you got fish lol

eric

The only one in my family who is really interested in fish keeping is my dad (Teuchter on here) as he keeps cichlids. Anyone else? Not an interest at all...Especially the fiance, he thinks fish are pointless :(

my parents think there nice to have a quick look at as they walk by. but think i am weird watching the fish more than the tv. as i tend to sit at night for hours just watching them. now ihave 3 tanks they aint to happy when i talk bout gettin more and bigger ones and how much money i spend. i work so i get to spend it on what i want lol

The only one in my family who is really interested in fish keeping is my dad (Teuchter on here) as he keeps cichlids. Anyone else? Not an interest at all...Especially the fiance, he thinks fish are pointless :(

I'm sorry that your fiance thinks that fish are pointless...that's not cool. :no:

-FHM

I'm sorry that your fiance thinks that fish are pointless...that's not cool. :no:

-FHM

I know :( But hey, just means I won't have to consult him when I want to buy bigger tanks! :D

-FHM

I know :( But hey, just means I won't have to consult him when I want to buy bigger tanks! :D

I know how that goes...and I am not even married yet...just engaged!...lol....

I guess that's a plus!

-FHM

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back