What do people keep the tank temperature on?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Iā€™m having temperature related worries at the moment my tank has always been set at 26.5-27.5 I keep South American fish so maybe on the higher side but thatā€™s what there used too n lately with the season changing Iā€™m struggling to maintain it , iv woke up this morning to a temp of 25.1 both heaters are working , I know this is not a bad temp probably more suited to my stock but this is a issue for me as I donā€™t want to wake up and itā€™s 23 in there cus then Iā€™d worry I boosted the temp with warmer buckets of water back up to 26 but in the last few hours itā€™s dropped again to 25.8 , what is the best temperature to keep my fish as I donā€™t want to battle temperature if itā€™s not needed , I keep Oscar sailfin pleco and electric blue acara, from brief research Iā€™m thinking 23.5-24 is as low as these fish would want ??

It depends on the fish being kept. I had my heaters set on 18C and that's how cold they got in winter. In summer the water temperature went up by itself and would regularly sit on 30C for a few months over summer.

For most tropical fish, a temperature between 24-26C is fine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back