What do i do ???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Angel03

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
well heres my question , what happens when you have to many fry :-( well my tank is a little over stocked at the momment as i bought a slightly smaller tank last week , well my guppy had fry 2 weeks ago my swordtail had fry the other day and my molly had fry today and it seems like i have 2 placys another guppy another swordtail and a molly pregnant now , what dod i do :/ :crazy:

it seems harsh, but you could leave them to be eaten by the other fish :/

Unfortunately, I agree. However, if you have the funds, buy another tank. Try selling or giving them away. Or, if you are forced to kill some off, I read in a book that one of the most humane ways to let the fish go is to freeze them in your freezer. (How do you do that, i ask, but the fish in a bag of water and then do this...)

There are no doubt tons of people who'd take (I doubt many will buy) them from you if you go to the buy and sell (...topic...?).

Hope this helped.

Thanks for your replys , dont think i could bere watching them get eaten , i have a few in a breeding nest the fry the molly had today i put in with the guppy fry and swordtail fry , i have seen a few fry in my tank to -_- , i really wished i could have another tank but i only got this one ive got now bran new a few days ago and cost a packet , but worth it :) , my neighbour has tropical fish so i might give some to him :( only problem is i get very attached :(

yup trade them, my lfs says they will take them off of me and re home them, when i asked if they would kill them they say defo no, i have seen what they do, they have huge tanks at the bottom like 50 gallon + ones and put all the fry in there until they are big enough and sell them as assorted live bearers thats where mine are going, but check the lfs is a well known safe one first cause you dont wanna take them there to poor conditions for them all to die huh?

you can have some of mine hehe, but we live to far from each other , i have about 28 fry and 4 pregnant fish :crazy:

You should seprate the males from the females and if u want to get rid of the babies give them to the pet shop!

in the past even tho i have lots off plants they normaly go missing (eaten by other fish :eek: ) but this time they seem to be living pretty well in the plants , the last time i hardly had any fish so i was botherd that they were getting eaten , but now i am overstocked they are surviein typical aint it :( my neibour has a fish tank but the rate he's goin he will also be overstocked , but i know of a lfs that will have them off me but will wait a few weeks till they are a bit older as they don't grow very fast anyway .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back