Auratus
Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
That was like 5 years ago.
LOL I was 19cometcattle said:Dechlorinator???![]()
I was like eight.
Six african cichlids placed in a uncycled ten gallon tank two deaths
) with water changes once every two weeks. Surprisingly, they all lived.
Poor fish & frogs
- I was 8. Once I learned about dechlorinator I had a few guppies in this tank with a redclaw crayfish, shrimp and three natives. I used to take all the fish out and clean the tank really thoroughly
, it had an UGF. Surprisingly, none of them died until there was a power outage while I was away. All plants died and I came home to this stinking soup- none of the guppies died though, not even the fry- tough little buggers. A few years later I got a 10g for my birthday (12) and continued to clean it in the same way. I used to throw away the filter media every time I cleaned the tank. I had 2 peppered corys, 3 neon tetras, 3 zebras danios and the survivors from the earlier disaster. I don't know how I did this, but I only lost 1 of the corys and 1 of the tetras jumped out. I had them for a year before I had to give them to my cousin when I moved away. She'd killed them all within 2 months (she must have been pretty bad). A few years ago I had 6 gouramis in a 15g because the LFS had no info on their adult size and I thought they were full grown.
For some reason, we did not own a fish net.....made do with a big metal slotted spoon. Scooped those goldies right out of that bowl, kinda like Campbell's Chunky Soup
Yes, this is something I will never forget
Anyway, I fed them once a day, but other than that only touched it one a year when I put the fish in a bowl and I tore the tank down, boiled the gravel and scrubbed the whole tank, then I'd fill er up and net the fish back in
I had all those fish in there for three years, when one morning my heater exploded filling the tank with a thick black cloud and all the fish except my pleco died. When I was ten I actually started researching fish and then I had some nice tanks after the black and white fiasco.