What Dechlorinators Do You Use?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shadowspar

Reaction score
i used amquel, aqua safe, beckett pond dechlor, wardley chlor-out, chlorine away. some more expensive than others but are they better? i found a pretty good deal at home depot, their beckett one is pretty cheap and is a biggish bottle. suposively does more than just dechlor.

i used amquel, aqua safe, beckett pond dechlor, wardley chlor-out, chlorine away. some more expensive than others but are they better? i found a pretty good deal at home depot, their beckett one is pretty cheap and is a biggish bottle. suposively does more than just dechlor.

i personally use amquel, and in stores ive found it to be about 12 bucks for a decnet size bottle, buti started ordering from drfostersmith.com and found the same bottle for 8 bucks, you might want to shop around online, that way you can pick which one you like and find a better price.

I usually use aquasafe.....I'm a little hesitant to try something else because I know it works. I've heard that prime is the best though from lots of people on here.

Laura

Have not used any for ages, I do a 40% water change every 5 days and the tank holds Red Tailed Golden arowana and Leopoldi stingray

It has been proven that a mature tank will metabolise relatively low levels of chlorine, if your water is treated with chloramine it may be different.

I use RO water for my marines though

Steve

Forgive me for not typing this out again, but i answered a similar thread only 2 days ago.

I use Kockney Koi Pond Dechlorinator which is available on Ebay. It was recommended to me on here, can't remember who by.

Now heres the clever bit, its exactly the same stuff as aquarium dechlorinator, just more concentrated because who would want to buy 40 bottles of Stress Coat to dechlorinate their pond? Nobody!

I use 1ml of dechlorinator for every 75 litres of water, and off the top of my head, i think you would need 20ml of Nutrafin dechlor for the same amount of water.

Anyway, i got a 500ml bottle from Ebay, i have a 260 litre tank which i do 75 litre water changes on every week, so the 500ml bottle will last 9.5 years, and it cost £8. Beat that for value!

It removes chlorine, chloramine, heavy metals etc as most dechlors do, its just that pond dechlor is cheaper because nobody would pay £150 to dechlorinate their pond. :good:

Cheers :good:

BTT

oh wow, BTT. I might get some of that. One of the reasons why i dont use it, is because it costs like £5 a week. :crazy:

I use something close to BTT's stuff. Weco Dechlor, which is also a pond product. A $5 bottle will get me through a good year of water changing.

I use API Stress Coat. Don't know if this is the best, but it's the brand I've always used and seems to get the job done.

I use Haloex by waterlife. Does the job for me and is relatively cost effective.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back